NEW YORK and CHICAGO, April 17, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In pursuit of its mission to pave the way for more women to lead at all levels of marketing and media, She Runs It© routinely celebrates women and men who serve as role models for the industry. The Changing the Game Awards are a cornerstone of that commitment, and on April 19, eighteen women will be honored for fearlessly making bold moves and reinventing the rules of marketing to transform their brands and their organizations.
"A big part of our remit is to create a platform for innovators to share their stories and strategies with other women in the industry," said Lynn Branigan, President and CEO of She Runs It. "It is tremendous that we identified 18 game changers. The fact that we have so many honorees from more than 100 submissions is a testament to the progress we are making as an industry to propel more women into leadership roles."
The 2017 Changing the Game honorees follow.
Brainwave Winners, recognized for changing the way a brand or product is marketed:
- Lauren Crampsie, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Ogilvy
- Becky Frankiewicz, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Quaker Foods North America
- Ashley McCollum, General Manager, Tasty
- Amanda Rubin, Managing Director and Global Co-Head of Brand and Content Strategy, Goldman Sachs
- Michal Shapira, SVP, News Content Partnerships, Turner Ignite
Paradigm Shift Winners, recognized for changing the way a customer segment or target audience is approached:
- Paulita David, Multicultural Strategy Director, McPherson Strategies
- Shreya Kushari, SVP, Search Marketing, Paid Social & Performance Media, NY / ATL Media Capability Lead, DigitasLBi
- Laura Molen, Executive Vice President, Lifestyle and Hispanic Advertising Sales Group, NBCUniversal
- Marian Salzman, CEO, Havas PR North America
Quantum Leap Winners, recognized for changing the way an organization is aligned to pro-actively meet new challenges:
- Danielle Devine, Global Leader, Enterprise Strategy & Communication, Johnson & Johnson
- Eileen Kiernan, Global President, J3
- Barri Friedman Rafferty, Partner and President, Ketchum
- Becca Weigman, Chief Executive Officer, TM Advertising
No Apologies Winners, recognized for creating entirely new business models, industries, or marketplace opportunities:
- Aria Finger, CEO, DoSomething.org and TMI Strategy
- Steph Korey, Co-Founder and CEO, Away
- Thalia Mavros, Founder & CEO, The Front
- Jen Rubio, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Away
- Catherine Williams, Chief Data Scientist, AppNexus
The winners will discuss their journeys and achievements at a lunch event on April 19 at Gotham Hall, 1356 Broadway in New York. Tickets can be purchased here.
"Every individual on this list has lessons to share that will make it easier for others to follow in their footsteps," said Branigan. "We are delighted to give these role models a stage from which to inspire others."
About She Runs It
Founded in 1912 as Advertising Women of New York (formerly AWNY), She Runs It exists to pave the way for women to lead at every level of marketing and media. With chapters in New York and Chicago, membership stands at over 1,800 women, men and corporate alliance partners. To learn more about She Runs It, visit Sherunsit.org.
For more information:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/she-runs-it-to-honor-18-women-as-catalysts-for-innovation-in-marketing-and-media-300440345.html
SOURCE She Runs It