Sheehy Auto Stores Presents $162,000 to Susan G. Komen
16th Milestone Year Brings Company's Total Campaign Donations to $1 Million
FAIRFAX, Va., Aug. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc., through their fundraising efforts and partners, recently donated $162,000 to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure as part of their 16th Annual Sheehy 5000 50-day campaign to raise awareness and funds for the charity. This year, the company's total cumulative campaign donations for the Race for the Cure topped $1 million.
"Breast cancer has touched the lives of so many people at our organization either personally or through family and friends," said Vince Sheehy, president of Sheehy Auto Stores. "Young technicians have come up to me in our service bays to thank me for making this a focal point of our fundraising. There are too many stories of families being affected by this terrible disease, and we as a company want to do all we can to help."
As part of this year's Sheehy 5000 that pledged a portion of proceeds from the sale of 5000 automobiles in 50 days to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, the company embraced this initiative with dealership and staff-wide participation and events. Each of the 19 Sheehy dealerships throughout Washington, DC; Richmond, VA and Baltimore, MD planned various community events and outreach opportunities in support of the Sheehy 5000.
- More than 300 Sheehy employees rallied and ran in the Susan G. Komen Global Race for the Cure in Washington, D.C. and the Central Virginia Race for the Cure in Richmond, Virginia.
- Sheehy Auto Stores offered to fund up to 40 mammograms and hosted a Mammovan visit at Sheehy VW in Springfield, Virginia.
- "Cards of Hope" and "Cars of Hope" – Several dealerships painted the showroom "pink" with pink decorations, pink wrapped cars and "Cards of Hope" stations whereby the community was invited to create a message for someone fighting breast cancer.
- Car shows such as the Sheehy Gaithersburg Ford Show & Shine, reflected tremendous community support. Joining this year's event and helping to kick-off the campaign was former Miss District of Columbia and former Miss Maryland, Allyn Rose, an advocate for breast cancer awareness who is planning to undergo a preventative double mastectomy.
- Check presentations to Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure representatives in Richmond, Virginia; Washington, D.C.; and Baltimore, Maryland areas.
For more information www.sheehy.com or call 703-802-3480.
Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
Sheehy Auto Stores began in 1965 as a small, suburban, family-owned Ford dealership just off the brand new Washington, D.C. Beltway. Because of customer response to their innovative approaches, Sheehy was immediately successful and by 1975 had become the largest Ford dealership in the country. Today, the company is still primarily family-owned and has grown to more than $900 Million in sales with nearly 30,000 vehicle sales per year. Sheehy's 19 locations and 20 import and domestic brands serve customers in the Baltimore, Annapolis, Richmond and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
SOURCE Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
More by this Source
Sheehy Auto Stores Offers Support to Federal Employees During Government Shutdown
Oct 04, 2013, 11:27 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.