FAIRFAX, Va., Jan. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sheehy Auto Stores has announced donations of $125,500 among 19 charities throughout the communities they serve in Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Richmond, Virginia. The donations are part of Sheehy's Annual Giving Program for 2015 whereby each dealership partners with local non-profit organizations. The announcement coincides with the company's 50th year anniversary celebration in 2016.
"Giving back to the community has always been an integral pillar of Sheehy Auto Stores," said Vince Sheehy, President. "As we continue to grow as a company, we will maintain our commitment to supporting our neighbors and organizations that do much throughout the year to help those in need."
In the Washington, D.C. area, $69,000 was donated to charities including:
- Covenant House Washington ($4,000)
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation ($7,500)
- Ecumenical Community Helping Others ($4,000)
- Fairy Godmother Project Southern Maryland Chapter ($5,000)
- Fauquier County Soccer Club ($8,000)
- The Good Shepherd Housing ($7,500)
- Homeaid of Northern Virginia ($2,500)
- Hospice of Charles County ($5,000)
- Housing and Community Services of Northern Virginia ($7,500)
- The Lamb Center ($3,000)
- SERVE ($10,000)
- Trail for Youth ($5,000)
Non-profit organizations in Baltimore, Maryland that received $30,500 included:
- Anne Arundel Medical Center ($15,000)
- Anne Arundel County CASA ($7,500)
- Arundel House of Hope ($8,000)
In the Richmond, Virginia market, $26,000 was distributed to:
- Alzheimer's Association Greater Richmond Chapter ($6,000)
- Ashland Christian Emergency Services ($2,500)
- Hanover County Habitat for Humanity ($2,500)
- Mercy Mall of Virginia ($12,000)
- Young Life Hanover ($3,000)
Sheehy Auto Stores, Inc.
Celebrating its 50th milestone anniversary, Sheehy Auto Stores is the 37th largest dealer group in the country and serves customers in the Richmond, Baltimore, Annapolis and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas. A family-owned business since it was founded as one Ford store in 1966 in Marlow Heights, Md., the company has grown to more than $1 billion in sales with more than 35,000 new and used vehicles sold each year. The company is recognized as a leader in customer satisfaction, retention and community involvement. For more information visit www.sheehy.com or call 703-802-3480.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sheehy-auto-stores-ushers-in-milestone-50th-anniversary-year-with-donations-totaling-125500-to-charities-300200221.html
SOURCE Sheehy Auto Stores