BOSTON, June 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SHIFT Communications, an integrated communications agency, is proud to announce that it received 16 total awards at the 48th Annual Bell Ringer Awards Ceremony, more than any other agency honored. The 'Pub Club' is the region's oldest not-for-profit public relations trade organization and the Bell Ringers Awards competition recognizes top PR work and professionals in the region.
For the second year in a row, SHIFT Communications took home top honors, with a firm record of 16 awards. SHIFT earned two awards in the response to breaking news category, including a Gold Bell, highlighting the Agency's effectiveness in working hand-in-hand with clients to connect with reporters when it matters most. The Agency also won Gold for designing a creative media event that spanned social influencers and traditional journalists, and the firm earned a third-consecutive Gold Bell for its Agency blog. One of SHIFT's valued account directors also enjoyed public recognition for her dedication to the industry. This is the third time a SHIFT director has earned this distinction.
"We congratulate our team members who do amazing work and our clients who let us push the boundaries of what's possible in public relations and marketing communications," said Catherine Allen, SHIFT Executive Vice President, East Coast. "We'd also like to thank the Publicity Club of New England for recognizing just how rewarding and powerful communications is today. We're proud to see the Agency's data-driven approach validated in such an amazing way."
SHIFT's 15 Bell Ringer Awards include:
- Gold Bell – Response to Breaking News, "Bringing Order to Data Breach Chaos" for IDT911
- Gold Bell – Media Event, "Foxwoods Takes a Bow with Cirque Éloize iD" for Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Gold Bell – Corporate or Agency Blog, Data-Driven Blogging Drives Audiences and Revenue" for SHIFT Communications
- Silver Bell – Graphic Identity, "New CSR Graphic Identity Empowers Positive Change for an Established Brand" for ERA Real Estate
- Silver Bell – Social Media Campaign, "Amplifying the #HIMSS15 Conversation" for Health Information Management Systems & Society
- Silver Bell – Integrated Marketing Communications Campaign, "Bringing All Day Breakfast to Boston" for McDonald's
- Silver Bell – Hospitality/Travel/Entertainment Campaign, "Securing Mile High Travel Coverage" for OnCall International
- Silver Bell – Product/Service Publicity High-Tech Campaign, "When World's Collide – Embracing Virtual Reality" for YouVisit
- Bronze Bell – Response to Breaking News, "Merger Mania: A Perfect Storm" for Decision Resources Group
- Bronze Bell – High-Tech Launch Campaign, "Leaving a Paper Trail of Media Success" for Mcor
- Bronze Bell – B2B Campaign, "Taking a Page from an Open Book" for Red Hat
- Bronze Bell – Healthcare Campaign, "Crowdsourcing Opinions & Cures" for Sermo
- Merit Award – Digital or Print Feature Article or Commentary Placement in a National Publication, "Kicking off with the CEO's Dream Hit" for Purch
- Merit Award – Product/Service Publicity Consumer Campaign, "The British Are Coming: Introducing TransferWise to the U.S." for Transferwise
- Merit Award – On a Shoestring Campaign, "Putting TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals on the Map" for TripAdvisor
In addition, SHIFT Account Director, Jennifer Toole, was honored with the 2016 Ringer Award, given to New England's Mid-Level Practitioner of the Year. Toole joined SHIFT four years ago as an account manager in the healthcare practice and has worked her way up to account director, offering skilled counsel to clients in the health IT, consumer wellness and non-profit sectors, all while growing a talented team of practitioners, coast-to-coast. She started her career as a media relations associate at MIT, and also worked at a boutique agency in NYC.
"Jen Toole's impact on public awareness for our rare disease has been nothing short of transformative. Her approach to social media campaigns, press releases and blog posts have caught fire with our members and greatly boosted our visibility. I deeply value her creativity, judgment and abilities as a leader and air traffic controller, plus she is just the greatest person to work with. I always look forward to our interactions and feel extremely fortunate and grateful to have her on our team," said June Kunishito, Director, FSH Society and current SHIFT client.
"PR is under increasing pressure to create and implement innovative ideas that have measurable, meaningful results," said Karyn Martin, president of The Publicity Club of New England. "The work showcased at this year's Bell Ringer Awards represents individuals and teams that are at the top of their game."
About SHIFT Communications
SHIFT Communications is an award-winning, national public relations firm that represents some of the best-known enterprise and consumer brands, including Citrix, Demandbase, Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, McDonald's, Orchard Supply Hardware, Red Hat, RSA Conference, Webroot and Whole Foods Market. SHIFT Communications' 150+ employees are located in the Boston, San Francisco, New York and Austin metros. Established in 2003, SHIFT is now wholly owned by NATIONAL Public Relations, part of RES PUBLICA Consulting Group. For more information on SHIFT's data-driven approach to marketing and public relations visit www.shiftcomm.com.
About The Publicity Club of New England
Founded in 1949, The Publicity Club of New England is the region's oldest not-for-profit public relations trade organization. The Publicity Club strives to promote and encourage involvement in the communications industry and specifically the professions of public relations, promotions and marketing. Additional information about monthly Publicity Club programs, social and networking events, the "Bell Ringer" blog, up-to-date Job Bank and the 2016 Bell Ringer Awards Ceremony, including a complete list of last year's winners, can be found on the Club's Web site at www.pubclub.org. Follow us on Twitter @PubClubofNE (#pcne) and at Facebook.com/PubClubofNE.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shift-communications-receives-16-bell-ringer-awards-300284104.html
SOURCE SHIFT Communications