LAS VEGAS, Dec. 15, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Shift4 Corporation announced today it has completed certification for U.S. EMV with Chase Commerce Solutions, the global payment processing and merchant acquiring business of JPMorgan Chase & Co. Merchants using Shift4's DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway can now process chip-embedded credit and debit card payments through Chase Commerce Solutions while receiving a wide variety of security and flexibility benefits. To learn more about Shift4's EMV offering, please visit shift4.com/EMV.
Benefits of processing EMV payments with Shift4 include:
- Layered security: Many companies have operated under the misconception that EMV chip cards will protect merchants from payment data breaches. Shift4 layers the card-based security of EMV chip cards with the advanced security of its True P2PE™ and TrueTokenization® technologies to assure that sensitive payment card data doesn't enter the merchant's payment processing environment. This offers merchants far better protection against data breaches and significantly reduces the scope of their PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) assessments.
- EMV expertise: Shift4 has been processing EMV payments in Canada since 2010 and was instrumental in addressing the challenges of EMV implementation and simplifying the EMV migration. Now, Shift4's EMV expertise and innovative payment technologies are being leveraged again to assure that each U.S. EMV implementation offers merchants the simplified payment processing, layered security, and advanced systems integrations they need to optimize their daily business operations.
- Numerous systems integrations: With more than 350 systems integrations, Shift4 is able to seamlessly extend its EMV certification with Chase Commerce Solutions to enable EMV payment processing through a wide variety of point-of-sale and property management systems. This gives the 24,000+ merchants using DOLLARS ON THE NET the ability to adopt EMV quickly and easily.
- Device flexibility: Shift4's certification with Chase Commerce Solutions for U.S. EMV supports both chip-and-PIN and chip-and-signature verification methods and offers the ability to use a number of EMV-capable payment devices through USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, or WiFi connectivity. Shift4 currently supports Ingenico Group's iPP320, iPP350, iSC Touch 250, iSC Touch 480, iCMP, iSMP Companion and iWL250, as well as Verifone's MX 915 and MX 925. All of these devices support True P2PE and offer NFC/contactless capability in addition to EMV, enabling mobile wallet acceptance, including Apple Pay™, Android Pay™, Samsung Pay™, and more. Support for additional devices may be added in the future.
- Bank and processor neutrality: Shift4's complete bank and processor neutrality allows merchants to connect with any of the major U.S. processors as they certify Shift4 for U.S. EMV. This offers merchants the freedom to negotiate the best payment processing rates, centrally manage payments across a variety of banks and processors, and make a switch if needed without losing transaction data.
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said:
"Shift4's EMV strategy is unmatched by any other payment gateway in the industry. Certifying with Chase Commerce Solutions for U.S. EMV is a significant milestone because we're not just offering merchants the ability to process EMV payments, we are also providing the layered security, advanced payment solutions, neutrality and industry leadership they truly need to support their business operations and satisfy their customers. This is the first in a series of U.S. EMV certifications we're making available to all of our integration partners so that our merchant customers can continue to have flexibility and choice in their payment processing solutions."
J.D. Oder II, CTO and SVP of Research and Development, Shift4, said:
"Shift4 is unique in the payment space because our technologies are developed around our merchant advocacy stance. This means that we develop our payment offerings to optimize merchants' business processes as they relate to payments. We've achieved this in our U.S. EMV certification with Chase Commerce Solutions by ensuring that our merchant customers have the appropriate security solutions in place, are able to meet or exceed payments industry requirements, and have a flexible and feature-rich payment processing solution they can use and trust."
For merchants interested in learning more about how to process EMV payments with Shift4, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 Corporation makes it simple for merchants across all industries to securely process credit, debit, and gift card transactions. With connections to nearly every bank and processor in North America and integrations to hundreds of PMS and POS systems, Shift4's DOLLARS ON THE NET® is the world's largest independent payment gateway. Shift4 provides pre- and post-settlement auditing capabilities, fraud prevention tools, support for emerging technologies like EMV and mobile payments, and security solutions such as TrueTokenization® and True P2PE™, which drastically simplify PCI compliance. Shift4 is a proud merchant advocate, maintaining complete bank and processor neutrality to ensure that their customers have the freedom to switch banks and processors as needed. For more information, visit www.shift4.com.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
SOURCE Shift4 Corporation