LAS VEGAS and MONTREAL, Sept. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Payment gateway provider Shift4 Corporation and Multidev Technologies, an industry leader in developing omnichannel software for retailers, today announced the successful installation of EMV at Opening Ceremony retail locations in New York and Los Angeles. The installation uses EMV-ready, smart terminals from Ingenico Group, the global leader in seamless payment.
Using Shift4's payment gateway, Multidev's omnichannel solution and Ingenico Group's smart terminals, Opening Ceremony now offers its customers a more secure and engaging point-of-purchase experience.
This integrated solution provides Opening Ceremony — and other retailers that implement it — with:
- Increased defense against counterfeit card fraud: EMV chip cards improve card fraud prevention at physical points of sale as compared to magnetic stripe cards.
- Layered payment security: Shift4's TrueTokenization and True P2PE (point-to-point encryption) solutions combine with EMV to ensure that retailers never store, process or transmit sensitive card data from the time it first interacts with a payment device. This brings retailers in line with the new EMV chip card standard for processing credit and debit cards while also safeguarding them against card data breaches and reducing their PCI scope. Additionally, Ingenico Group's iSC Touch 250 smart terminals meet the latest hardware and software security requirements, are PCI PTS 3.x certified, and comply with SRED and Open Protocol modules.
- Advanced technologies: Retailers can have greater control over their retail, e-commerce and wholesale business processes thanks to Multidev's ChainDrive Omni-Channel Commerce Platform and capitalize on the fast, secure, reliable payments technologies made available using Shift4's DOLLARS ON THE NET payment gateway.
- Enhanced customer experience: With Ingenico Group's smart terminals, Opening Ceremony is able to accept all forms of electronic payment, including EMV chip card, magnetic stripe and NFC/contactless. Customers also experience a fast, multimedia-rich checkout on the iSC Touch 250's color, touchscreen display. All Ingenico Group smart terminals are designed for heavy-use environments, making them ideal for the high volumes of consumers seen by retailers.
- A fully integrated payment solution: Retailers get the convenience and time- and money-saving benefits of an integrated payment solution, including pre-settlement auditing and simplified PCI compliance, while also advancing the level of payment security offered to their guests.
Eric Song, information technology manager at Opening Ceremony, said:
"We wanted to get EMV as quickly as possible. We opted to change processors at the same time in order to get EMV faster, and Shift4 and Multidev made the transition very straightforward. Once we had EMV set up on our account, all we had to do was plug in some settings, and then things started working. The process was much quicker than I thought it would be, and we are looking forward to experiencing fewer chargebacks."
Howard Finch, vice president of sales, Ingenico Group, said:
"Ingenico Group has been very dedicated to helping retailers migrate their payments systems to accept EMV chip cards, and Opening Ceremony is just the latest example. Our payment solutions allow retail businesses to accept new forms of payments, including NFC/contactless, that allow guests to pay their way, enhancing their shopping experience."
Joseph Amzallag, president, Multidev Technologies, said:
"Multidev is committed to offering retail solutions that continually evolve and transform to meet the needs of businesses today. We are excited to partner with Shift4 to offer retailers a truly secure EMV solution that protects against card fraud, reduces PCI scope, and prevents breaches."
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said:
"Shift4 works with the industry's technology leaders to provide merchants the most capable solutions available. We're proud to partner with Multidev and Ingenico to offer our friends at Opening Ceremony stores, as well as thousands of other retailers, a comprehensive EMV solution that keeps payment data out of their environment entirely — leaving hackers nothing to steal."
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security – we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at shift4.com.
About Multidev Technologies
Multidev Technologies Inc. is an industry leader in the development of fully-integrated ERP and Omni-channel software for retail, e-tail and wholesale. Dedicated to providing advanced innovation and technology, Multidev's revolutionary software allows retailers to manage all channels of their business with one complete unified real-time system. Our software powers the success of some of the most impressive retailers throughout North America in industry specific segments including, but not limited to, Apparel, Footwear, Jewelry, Sporting Goods Specialty, Home Goods and Department Store.
About Ingenico Group
Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING) is the global leader in seamless payment, providing smart, trusted and secure solutions to empower commerce across all channels, in-store, online and mobile. With the world's largest payment acceptance network, we deliver secure payment solutions with a local, national and international scope. We are the trusted world-class partner for financial institutions and retailers, from small merchants to several of the world's best-known global brands. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payment and deliver their brand promise. Learn more at www.ingenico.com or twitter.com/Ingenico.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
Multidev Technologies Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shift4-multidev-and-ingenico-group-deliver-powerful-emv-solution-to-retailers-300324503.html
SOURCE Shift4 Corporation