LAS VEGAS, July 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Payment gateway provider Shift4 Corporation and Springer-Miller Systems, a leading software provider for luxury hotels, resorts, and spas, today announced the successful installation of EMV-ready, smart payment terminals from Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING), the global leader in seamless payment, at Beaver Run Resort, a full-service resort and conference center in Breckenridge, Colo.
Using Shift4's DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway, Springer-Miller's SMS|Host hospitality management system and Ingenico Group's iPP320 PIN pad and iSC Touch 250 devices, Beaver Run Resort is now able to process EMV and NFC/contactless transactions across their hotel property, including the front desk, concierge, vacation rentals, and more.
With this EMV solution, Beaver Run Resort is now able to experience the following:
- Increased defense against counterfeit card fraud: EMV chip cards improve card fraud prevention at physical points of sale as compared to magnetic stripe cards.
- Layered payment security: Shift4's TrueTokenization® and True P2PE™ (point-to-point encryption) solutions combine with EMV to ensure that Beaver Run Resort never stores, processes or transmits sensitive card data from the time it first interacts with a payment device. This brings the resort in line with the new EMV chip card standard for processing credit and debit cards while also safeguarding them against card data breaches and reducing their PCI scope. Additionally, Ingenico Group's iSC Touch 250 and iPP320 smart terminals meet the latest hardware and software security requirements, are PCI PTS 3.x certified, comply with SRED and Open Protocol modules and support all P2PE solutions, making it easy to integrate with Shift4's True P2PE.
- A variety of EMV-ready systems especially for hoteliers: DOLLARS ON THE NET supports EMV across Springer-Miller's product portfolio, including SMS|Host, a complete solution that accommodates the needs of any full-service luxury resort, SMS|Touch, a feature-rich and fully-integrated point of sale system for food and beverage outlets, and SpaSoft®, a user-friendly spa and activity management system.
- Enhanced guest services: Hoteliers can provide personalized guest services, streamline bookings, and enhance data analysis capabilities thanks to SMS|Host while capitalizing on the fast, secure, reliable payments technologies made available using DOLLARS ON THE NET.
- Smart payment terminals: Through Ingenico Group's smart terminals, Beaver Run Resort is able to accept all forms of electronic payment, including EMV chip card, magstripe and NFC/contactless. Guests are also able to experience a fast, multimedia-rich checkout on the iSC Touch 250's color, touchscreen display. Both the iPP320 and iSC Touch 250 are designed for heavy use environments, making them ideal for the high volumes of guests that resorts and hotels see every day.
- A fully integrated payments solution: Hoteliers get the convenience and time- and cost-saving benefits of an integrated payments solution, including pre-settlement auditing and simplified PCI compliance, while also evolving the level of payment security offered to their guests.
Curt Hulbert, CTO at Beaver Run Resort, said:
"The EMV install went off without a hitch, and because of Shift4's point-to-point encryption and tokenization, we were able to reduce PCI scope by two-thirds. This removes a lot of our IT department's overhead, and I can't express how much that relieved our PCI burden."
Howard Finch, vice president of sales, Ingenico Group, said:
"Ingenico Group has been very dedicated to helping the hospitality industry migrate their payments systems to accept EMV chip cards, and Beaver Run Resort is just the latest example. Our payments solutions allow hotels and resorts to accept new forms of payments, including NFC/contactless, that allow guests to pay their way, enhancing their stay experience."
Rob Selwah, senior vice president of operations, Springer-Miller Systems, said:
"Springer-Miller Systems prides itself in offering first-class hotel management technologies. We are excited to work with Shift4 to give hotels and resorts like Beaver Run the ability to process EMV transactions as well as the increased payment data security across their entire property."
Dave Oder, CEO, Shift4, said:
"Bringing together three large industry players to deploy EMV at a single resort may appear a herculean undertaking — and indeed it was — but that's what Shift4 does. We align technology leaders from across the world to offer merchants easy access to the most advanced payments solutions available. We're excited to partner with so many of the industry's best and brightest to deliver EMV and true security to our mutual customers, including our friends at Beaver Run Resort."
About Shift4 Corporation
Shift4 stands alone as the last major player in the payments space to remain independent, self funded, and merchant focused. Our DOLLARS ON THE NET® payment gateway comes with all the bells and whistles: pre- and post-settlement auditing, fraud controls, support for new technologies like EMV and mobile, secure connections to nearly every major bank and processor in North America, and 350+ certified integrations to leading POS, PMS, and e-commerce platforms. Shift4 invests heavily in payment security – we invented tokenization and own eight payment-security patents. We empower our 33,000+ merchant customers with the flexibility to customize our secure payment processing solutions to fit their business. Learn more at shift4.com.
About Springer-Miller Systems
Springer-Miller Systems provides premier software solutions for the finest hotels, resorts and spas worldwide. Springer-Miller Systems offers the SMS|Host Hospitality Management System, the first guest-centric and fully-integrated property management system, and SpaSoft®, a dynamic activities management and scheduling software solution for luxury spas. Visit www.springermiller.com for more information.
About Ingenico Group
Ingenico Group (Euronext: FR0000125346 - ING) is the global leader in seamless payment, providing smart, trusted and secure solutions to empower commerce across all channels, in-store, online and mobile. With the world's largest payment acceptance network, we deliver secure payments solutions with a local, national and international scope. We are the trusted world-class partner for financial institutions and retailers, from small merchants to several of the world's best-known global brands. Our solutions enable merchants to simplify payment and deliver their brand promise. Learn more at www.ingenico.com or twitter.com/Ingenico.
Jessica M. Pasko
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shift4-springer-miller-systems-and-ingenico-group-bring-enhanced-payment-security-to-luxury-hotels-resorts-and-spas-300300432.html
SOURCE Shift4 Corporation