LOS ANGELES, Nov. 4, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Shinano Kenshi Corporation (SKC-North America) has announced the launch of the PLEXTALK™ Linio Pocket, the latest product from the company's popular and successful line of PLEXTALK™ healthcare and educational products that include the PTN2, PTR2 and PTP1/Pocket.
The PLEXTALK™ Linio Pocket is a lightweight, pocket-sized, DAISY*-compliant player/recorder that offers revolutionary mobility and ease of use by nearly anyone in business, education, and leisure. It comes packed with features that support unsurpassed accessibility for those who are visually impaired or learning disabled.
The PLEXTALK™ Linio Pocket features the high-quality Acapela text-to-speech engine allowing users to select from a list of customizable natural sounding narration voices for reading documents and other text-to-speech data. The embedded PLEXVoice Technology guarantees optimal sound quality with adjustable play back speeds. And the PLEXTALK ™ Linio Pocket comes with 8GB of internal memory allowing it to have an enhanced playback function (7.2GB user area). It also includes a 4GB SD card.
"Shinano Kenshi Corporation is very excited to release the Linio Pocket into the U.S. market," said Deana Valdez, Sales and Marketing Manager, PLEXTALK™. "We feel it is a great compliment to the rest of the PLEXTALK™ product line."
PLEXTALK™ Linio Pocket features include:
- High-Quality Acapela text-to-speech engine that delivers natural sounding narration voices when reading documents.
- PLEXVoice Technology that guarantees optimal sound quality in lower and higher speeds. Speed can be adjusted to play back from 0.5 to 3 times that of normal speed. Tone is changeable from -6 to +6.
- 8GB internal memory (7.2GB user area).
- Comes bundled with 4GB SD card (recognizes up to 32 GB).
- Advanced audio calendar enables you to schedule and manage tasks and to set reminders so you can ensure your peace of mind.
- Wake up with the PLEXTALK™ Linio Pocket using the alarm function.
PLEXTALK™ is a registered trademark of Shinano Kenshi Co. Ltd., and a brand name covering Digital Talking Book players and recorders designed and manufactured by Shinano Kenshi Co. Ltd. for the print disabled including the blind and dyslexic. PLEXTALK™ products offer a better reading environment for people who are visually impaired or have a print disability by supplying accessible digital talking book players or recorders that comply with the *Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) standard. PLEXTALK™ products are created to improve the quality of life, self-reliance and independence of their users and are offered exclusively in North America by Shinano Kenshi Co. Ltd. and/or their authorized distributors.
For more information contact:
SOURCE Shinano Kenshi Corporation