LONDON, May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Driverless Tractors, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Material Management, Field Crops and Forest Management, Soil Management, Dairy Management, and Animal Management for Precision Agriculture
The market for agricultural robots is developing at a rapid pace, with a large number of established and startup agricultural technology companies developing, piloting, and launching an innovative range of robotic systems to tackle a wide variety of tasks.
· The marketplace for agricultural robots is developing at a rapid pace.
· The rising demand for agricultural robots is being driven by a number of reasons including worldwide population growth.
· The market is anticipated to make $74.1 billion in yearly revenue
· Tractica forecasts that shipments of agricultural robots will raise considerably in the years ahead,
Key application areas for agricultural robots include driverless tractors, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), material management, field crops and forest management, soil management, dairy management, and animal management, with a diverse set of subcategories emerging within each of those areas.
The rising demand for agricultural robots is being driven by a number of factors including worldwide population growth, increasing strain on the food supply, declining availability of farm workers, the challenges and complexities of farm labor, the cost of farm workers, changing farmlands, climate change, the growth of indoor farming, and the broader automation of the agriculture industry. Market challenges remain for development of the sector, however, such as unclear value propositions, limited awareness of robotic systems among growers, insufficient robotic solutions, the complexity of matching human-like dexterity with machines, fragmented technology development, weak administrative support, and infrastructure issues. Against the backdrop of these market drivers and barriers, Tractica forecasts that shipments of agricultural robots will increase considerably in the years ahead, rising from 32,000 units in 2016 to 594,000 units annually in 2024, by which time the market is expected to reach $74.1 billion in annual revenue.
This Tractica report, developed in collaboration with The Robot Report, examines global market trends for agricultural robots and provides 10-year market sizing and forecasts for agricultural robot shipments and revenue during the period from 2015 through 2024. The report examines the market opportunities, barriers, and technology issues for each of the key application markets. Market forecasts are segmented by world region and application type. The study also includes 178 profiles of industry players in the agricultural robot market.
AGRICULTURAL ROBOT MARKET SEGMENTATION
In this report, the agricultural robotics market is segmented into seven key application areas:
- Driverless tractors are mostly for large-sized farms and consist of self-driving kits, supervised, and fully autonomous tractors for operations such as seeding, planting, etc.
- UAVs are mostly for large- to medium-sized farms and consist of fixed-wing and multirotor systems for data analytic services, crop dusting, etc.
- Material management is used for all sizes of farms and consists of industrial robots, pick and place systems, mobile robotic platforms, and automated systems for handling, sorting, grading, etc.
- Field crops and forest management are mainly used for medium- to small-sized farms and horticulture, and consist of mobile field robots, multi-axis systems, modular systems for spraying, seeding, harvesting, etc.
- Soil management is used for medium- to small-sized farms and horticulture, and consists of mobile field robots, soil monitoring systems for weeding, managing soil nutrients, etc.
- Dairy management is used for large- to medium-sized barns and consists of milking robots, dairy data analytics system for milking, managing herds, etc.
- Animal management is used for all sizes of farms and aquaculture, and consists of feeding robots and systems for feeding, grooming, breeding, caring, etc.
SCOPE OF STUDY
This report examines worldwide market trends for agricultural robots and provides 10-year market sizing and forecasts for agricultural robot shipments and revenue during the period from 2015 through 2024. The report examines the market opportunities, barriers, and technological issues for the relevant application markets. Key industry players are profiled in depth. The market forecasts are segmented by world region and application type.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of the agricultural robot market and how will it develop over the next decade?
- What are the key drivers of market growth, and the key challenges faced by the industry?
- What are the major applications for agricultural robots and what are their respective growth profiles?
- What are the technology challenges associated with agricultural robots?
- Who are the important players in the agricultural robot market?
- What is the size of the agricultural robot market opportunity?
Who Needs This Report?
- Agricultural robot manufacturers
- Farm and industrial automation companies
- Mobile and field robot vendors
- Software developers and systems integrators
- Agricultural sensor technology vendors
- Agricultural robot research organizations
- Government agencies
- Investor community
Key Market Forecasts
- Agricultural Robot Revenue and Shipments by Region, World Markets: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, World Markets: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, North America: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, Europe: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, Asia Pacific: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, Latin America: 2015-2024
- Agricultural Robot Revenue by Application Type, Middle East and Africa: 2015-20244
- Aerial Photography
- All-season Farming
- Automatic Feeding
- Automatic Milking
- Automation Software
- Autonomous Ground Vehicles
- Cloud-based Data Analytics
- Indoor Cultivation
- Navigation and Mapping
- Object Identification
- Remote Sensing
- Robot Navigation
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- V2V Communication
- Vertical Farming
- Driverless Tractors
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Material Management
- Field Crops and Forest
- Soil Management
- Dairy Management
- Animal Management
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4540262/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shipments-of-agricultural-robots-will-boost-considerably-in-the-years-ahead-rising-from-32000-units-in-2016-to-594000-units-yearly-in-2024-300450146.html