ShopAtHome.com Reports That U.S. Consumers Saved $1.5 Million on Black Friday and $2.2 Million on Cyber Monday Using ShopAtHome.com
ShopAtHome.com Predicts Dec. 6 and Dec. 17 will be the busiest online shopping days during the month of December
DENVER, Dec. 2, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- ShopAtHome.com, the largest free coupons and cash back site on the web, today reported that consumers who used ShopAtHome.com on Black Friday and Cyber Monday saved more than $3.7 million this holiday season. While ShopAtHome.com experienced record traffic on these important shopping days, the company is predicting that Dec. 6th and Dec. 17th will be the busiest online shopping days for the month of December.
Consumer Savings Tops $3.7 million:
ShopAtHome.com visitors saved a record amount of money on Black Friday and Cyber Monday by utilizing online coupon codes and by earning cash back simply by visiting ShopAtHome.com before clicking through to retailers' sites. Savings totals for the two days:
Black Friday: $1.5 million
Cyber Monday: $2.2 million
Most Popular Online Coupon Codes and Offers:
As recorded by ShopAtHome.com, the twelve most used coupon codes or special offers during these two major shopping days included:
- Victoria's Secret Coupons – Free Supermodel Tote with $60 purchase with code VSFRIDAY10. ShopAtHome.com offered 10% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Target Coupons – Spend $50, Get Free Shipping on Select Items at Target.com. ShopAtHome.com offered 10% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Macy's Coupons – The Cliff V Neck on sale for $9.99 (Regular Price $30.00) with code Sweater. ShopAtHome.com offered 5% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- JCPenney Coupons – Shop Cyber Deals and Get Free Shipping on $25+! ShopAtHome.com offered 10% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Home Depot Coupons – $5 off $50 or more with code BLACKFRIDAY26. ShopAtHome.com offered 10% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Restaurant.com – 80% off all orders and free $20 Mrs. Field's Online Gift with code DEAL. ShopAtHome.com offered 35% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- HP Home & Home Office Coupons – Up to 50% off and free shipping during the HP Cyber Monday Sales Event. ShopAtHome.com offered 6% cash back on Cyber Monday.
- Entertainment Book Coupons – 30% off plus free shipping on the 2011 Entertainment Coupon Book. ShopAtHome.com offered 50% cash back at Entertainment Book on Black Friday.
- Apple Store Coupons – One-Day Black Friday event. ShopAtHome.com offered 2% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Walgreens Coupons – 33% off Smart for Life Cookie Diet, valid 11/28 - 12/04. ShopAtHome.com offered 10% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- RadioShack Coupons – Free second day shipping for all orders on Black Friday. ShopAtHome.com offered 8% cash back on Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- QVC.com Coupons – Free S&H on 5,000+ Items on Cyber Monday. ShopAtHome.com offered 5% cash back on Cyber Monday.
"We continue to see more and more consumers take advantage of online shopping to save money," said Marc Braunstein , co-founder and President of ShopAtHome.com. "We are especially proud to have helped our visitors save more than $3.7 million during their Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping this year. Using free coupon codes and earning cash back is a great way to save."
Record Traffic at ShopAtHome.com:
- On Black Friday, more than 2 million visits(1) to ShopAtHome.com were recorded. This represents a 189% year-over-year increase.
- On Cyber Monday, more than 2.6 million visits to ShopAtHome.com were recorded. This represents a 281% year-over-year increase.
ShopAtHome.com Predicts December 6 and December 17 Will Set Online Shopping Records
On the heels of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, ShopAtHome.com predicts that December 6 and December 17 will also set records as popular online shopping days this year. ShopAtHome.com expects retailers to introduce new special deals and discounts on Monday, December 6 as retailers seek to end the holiday shopping season with strong sales. Friday, December 17 is Free Shipping Day. On this day, more than 1,000 retailers are expected to offer free shipping deals, which historically have been popular with consumers.
Founded by husband-and-wife team Marc and Claudia Braunstein , ShopAtHome.com is the largest provider of online coupons and cash back rewards. The site offers online and printable grocery, restaurant and retail coupons, cash back on all purchases, free samples and contests. ShopAtHome.com started as a "Catalog of Catalogs" in 1986 with the goal to save consumers money and time, and through feedback from users has become the coupon powerhouse it is today: offering more than 100,000 online and local coupons at more than 50,000 merchants, including brand-name retailers. For more information visit www.ShopAtHome.com.
(1) Traffic to ShopAtHome.com includes direct visits to the site as well as visits recorded through the ShopAtHome.com Shopping Toolbar.
More by this Source
Save Your Cash; Parents Want Mother's And Father's Day Gifts That Cost Less Than $30
Apr 30, 2013, 08:00 ET
Avoid Foolish Shopping Mistakes - Savvy Shopping Can Save You Thousands
Mar 28, 2013, 08:00 ET
Lesley Kennedy Joins ShopAtHome.com As Senior Managing Editor
Mar 19, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.