ShopSmart Uncovers the Best Places to Find Coupons
New super-saving sites, apps and more that will help shoppers maximize savings
YONKERS, N.Y., April 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- There's virtually no excuse for not getting a good deal these days, with smartphones, coupons and bargains at shoppers' fingertips. The May 2013 issue of ShopSmart, from Consumer Reports, highlights ten new sites and apps that make the hunt for savings fast and fun, plus some cool features on old standbys.
"Shoppers should be saving every time they make a purchase," said Lisa Lee Freeman, editor-in-chief of ShopSmart. "And these new sites and apps make it easier than ever."
To help shoppers coupon like pros, ShopSmart took a close look at offerings from new sites and apps that can help them save in new ways:
1. CouponNetwork.com is a site for saving now and later – offering two ways to save. First, print manufacturer coupons and bring them to the grocery store. Then receive YourBucks vouchers by purchasing featured items, which can be spent like cash on future purchases. Shoppers can also get additional exclusive coupons at checkout.
2. CouponsForChange.org allows users to give back. The site, a project of Coupons.com, provides one free meal to a child living in poverty via Feeding America for every three coupons printed and redeemed.
3. Reclip.it is a great way to share deals; it's like Pinterest for savings. The site makes it easy for shoppers to organize, save and share favorites. Plus, users can follow friends and favorite bloggers to see their clips. The displayed weekly sales circulars link deals with printable and online coupons.
4. Shopular is an app that uses "geo-fencing" to serve up special coupons when users are close to their favorite stores including Banana Republic and Bath & Body Works. This means no more frantically searching through emails for codes at the register. Works on: Android, Apple.
5. Ibotta helps users get cash back. After shopping, photograph receipts and claim bucks for every grocery shopping trip from participating retailers including Giant Eagle, Kroger, Safeway and Wal-mart. The money can be deposited into a linked PayPal account or can be donated to a school. Users can also earn a dollar for every friend that signs up. Works on: Android, Apple.
6. SnipSnap allows users to snap photos of paper coupons and turn them into digital ones. The app has alerts for when deals are about to expire, makes it easy to share coupons with friends and delivers push notifications to notify shoppers of in-store discounts. Right now, it's best for store coupons – it doesn't yet support manufacturer coupons or supermarket redemption. Works on: Apple.
About Consumer Reports:
Consumer Reports is the world's largest independent product-testing organization. Using its more than 50 labs, auto test center, and survey research center, the nonprofit rates thousands of products and services annually. Founded in 1936, Consumer Reports has over 8 million subscribers to its magazine, website, and other publications. Its advocacy division, Consumers Union, works for health reform, food and product safety, financial reform, and other consumer issues in Washington, D.C., the states, and in the marketplace.
About ShopSmart magazine:
Launched in Fall 2006 by Consumer Reports, ShopSmart draws upon the publication's celebrated tradition of accepting no advertisements and providing unbiased product reviews. ShopSmart features product reviews, shopping tips on how to get the most out of products and "best of the best" lists. It's ideal for busy shoppers who place a premium on time. ShopSmart has a newsstand price of $4.99 and is available nationwide at major retailers including Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart, Borders, Kroger, Safeway and Publix. ShopSmart is available by subscription at www.ShopSmartmag.org.
ShopSmart is available 10 times a year. Subscribe at www.ShopSmartmag.org.
More by this Source
ShopSmart's Ultimate Guide to Holiday Shopping
Nov 19, 2013, 06:00 ET
ShopSmart: Great Sites for Gifts Under $25
Nov 12, 2013, 06:00 ET
ShopSmart Uncovers the Best Perks of Retailer Loyalty Programs
Oct 29, 2013, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.