ShopSmart's Best Shopping Sites and Apps of the Year
YONKERS, N.Y., Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- This past year was a standout for shopping websites and apps. The January 2013 issue of ShopSmart magazine, from the publisher of Consumer Reports, highlights 2012's best sites and free apps that can save shoppers time and money.
"We've combed through countless shopping sites and apps to find the very best ones to help shoppers save even more in the new year," said Lisa Lee Freeman , editor-in-chief of ShopSmart.
Here's a selection of super sites that make shopping fun and easy – and can help shoppers find cool stuff to buy:
- CouponBlender.com highlights the best deals from dozens of coupon sites.
- HandBagHeaven.com features beautiful bags at deep discounts; free shipping for purchases over $50.
- MyGroceryDeals.com allows shoppers to enter their grocery list in the Quick Shop tool to see where the stuff is on sale; the list can also be sent to a phone.
- TechBargains.com is a great resource for deals on electronics and gift cards.
- TheBudgetBabe.com helps shoppers locate hot celeb styles for less.
Shopping apps are also a great resource for discounts and more – here are some of ShopSmart's favorites from the past year:
- CardStar consolidates users store loyalty cards into one app and helps get in-store discounts when presented at checkout. Works on: Android, Apple, BlackBerry and Windows.
- Grocery Smarts Coupon Shopper matches store circulars with manufacturer coupons so users can see where they can save the most. Works on: Android.
- RetailMeNot has gone mobile. Users can score coupon codes when shopping on their phone. Works on: Apple.
- ShopKick can earn users points (called kicks) just for entering participating locations then cash them in for free merchandise or meals. Link a credit card and score even more perks. Works on: Android and Apple.
- Walgreens is the best overall drugstore app for managing a family's healthcare. Users can refill prescriptions, set reminders to take medications, and access coupons and offers right from their phone. Works on: Android, Apple, and BlackBerry.
For the full list of shopping sites and apps, check out the January 2013 issue of ShopSmart, on newsstands now. The report also features a roundup of the best money-saving tricks and six shopping don'ts.
About Consumer Reports:
Consumer Reports is the world's largest independent product-testing organization. Using its more than 50 labs, auto test center, and survey research center, the nonprofit rates thousands of products and services annually. Founded in 1936, Consumer Reports has over 8 million subscribers to its magazine, website, and other publications. Its advocacy division, Consumers Union, works for health reform, food and product safety, financial reform, and other consumer issues in Washington, D.C., the states, and in the marketplace.
About ShopSmart magazine:
Launched in Fall 2006 by Consumer Reports, ShopSmart draws upon the publication's celebrated tradition of accepting no advertisements and providing unbiased product reviews. ShopSmart features product reviews, shopping tips on how to get the most out of products and "best of the best" lists. It's ideal for busy shoppers who place a premium on time. ShopSmart has a newsstand price of $4.99 and is available nationwide at major retailers including Barnes & Noble, Wal-Mart, Borders, Kroger, Safeway and Publix. ShopSmart is available by subscription at www.ShopSmartmag.org.
ShopSmart is available 10 times a year. Subscribe at www.ShopSmartmag.org.
More by this Source
ShopSmart: Four New Ways to Save on Beauty Products
May 14, 2013, 06:00 ET
ShopSmart revela los mejores sitios para encontrar cupones
Apr 23, 2013, 06:00 ET
ShopSmart Uncovers the Best Places to Find Coupons
Apr 23, 2013, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.