Showrooms Throughout Merchandise Mart Feature SCS Certified Products at NeoCon 2013
CHICAGO, June 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sixty exhibitors are showcasing products with environmental and sustainability achievements certified by SCS Global Services (SCS) at NeoCon, North America's largest design exposition and conference for commercial interiors. The manufacturers include some of the leading names in commercial interior design.
Well-crafted environmental and sustainable furniture, flooring, textiles, building products and more are increasingly in demand by architects and designers. At Neocon 2013, this is clearly in evidence. With more private businesses paying attention to energy efficiency and environmental safety, and local municipalities and schools requiring LEED construction for new and existing buildings and their interiors, green products have become a necessary part of the equation.
SCS offers an array of certifications that help companies meet requirements set by LEED and other organizations. Examples include:
- Green Squared® – Comprehensive environmental certification established by the Tile Council of North America (TCNA) is available to manufacturers of ceramic and glass tiles and a wide range of tile installation materials.
- BIFMA level® – The ANSI/BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard is the benchmark of sustainability performance for office and institutional furniture. Certification confirms commitment to environmental and social leadership practices throughout the product life cycle, including company operations and supply chain.
- SCS Indoor Advantage and Indoor Advantage Gold for Indoor Air Quality – Certified products support a healthy and safer indoor environment by meeting the strict indoor air quality standards, and qualify for LEED low-emitting materials credits, comply with ANSI/BIFMA X7.1/M7.1, meet CA 01350, and set up products to achieve the highest possible PHAROS score under the Healthy Building Network.
- FloorScore® – Resilient floor coverings bearing the FloorScore label meet the indoor air quality emissions criteria of LEED, CHPS, The Green Guide for Health Care, and are recognized by a long list of healthy building programs.
Among the many exhibitors showcasing SCS certified products are:
- Cooperativa Ceramica d'Imola - This Italian-based producer of ceramic tile is the first tile manufacturer in Italy to receive the prestigious Green Squared® certification for its Imola Ceramica, LaFaenza and Leonardo brands. All three brands offer designers collections that are inspired by the company's rich Italian heritage, offering a diverse selection of full-body porcelain tile solutions for interior and exterior applications. Showroom 8-8094.
- AIS – A leading manufacturer of commercial office furniture and seating, AIS stands out with feature-rich product lines that are made sustainably. It has achieved Indoor Advantage, Indoor Advantage Gold, and BIFMA level® certification, and is committed to supporting a healthy and sustainable natural environment. Showroom 10-86.
- Johnsonite – This award-winning flooring company not only provides customers with beautifully crafted customized flooring solutions, but is also leading the way in its sustainable manufacturing practices. FloorScore® Certified American-made I.D. Freedom Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) and Plank collection and ARCADE™ Rubber Sheet Flooring is on display, along with the high-performing Harmonium xF™ Linoleum collection. Showroom 8-4080.
The complete list of exhibitors featuring SCS certified products includes: 3form, AIS, Allermuir, Allsteel, Arborite, Arcadia, Bretford, Carnegie Fabrics, CBC Flooring, Centiva, Ceres PVC Free Flooring, Coalesse, Conneaut Leather, Cooperativa Ceramica d'Imola, Crossville, Davis Furniture, Design Tex, DeskMakers, Devine Color, DIRTT, DuPont Sorona, Encore Seating, Estrie Flooring (American Biltrite), Flexco Corporation, Global Contract, Global Total Office, Gunlocke, Halo Floors, Haworth, HBF, HON, Humanscale, Inscape, Izzy+, Jasper Desk Company, Jofco, Johnsonite, Karndean International, Keilhauer, KI, Knoll, LG Hausys, Lonseal, Mannington Commercial, MAPEI Corporation, Martin Brattrud, Metroflor Corp, Mohawk, Nucraft, OFS, Paoli, Peter Pepper Products, Roppe, Shaw Commercial Hardsurface, Steelcase, Surface Works, Tandus Flooring, Teknion, Toli International, Tuohy Furniture, Universal Fibers, UPOFLOOR and Versteel.
SCS Global Services (SCS), formerly Scientific Certification Systems, has been a global leader in third-party environmental and sustainability certification, auditing, testing and standards development for nearly thirty years. SCS programs span a wide cross-section of sectors, recognizing exemplary performance in natural resource management, green building, product manufacturing, food and agriculture, retailing and more. SCS is a Certified B Corporation™, reflecting its commitment to socially and environmentally responsible business practice.
Julie Gengo, Marketing Specialist
SOURCE SCS Global Services
More by this Source
SCS Indoor Air Quality Certifications Provide A Pathway To Leed v4 Credits
Dec 09, 2013, 09:00 ET
Certified Sustainable Biofuels Key To Aviation's Future
Dec 04, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.