ShowStoppers tunes up new wireless, mobile products for work, home & play at historic Opera House in Barcelona
BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Industry leaders, innovators and startups took the stage last night at the Grand Opera in Barcelona, introducing a score of new wireless and mobile products for work, home and play to a cast of 600-plus journalists attending ShowStoppers®, the press-only showcase event that lifts the curtain before Mobile World Congress begins.
"Vuzix is thrilled to showcase its award-winning Smart Glasses M100 at ShowStoppers with 360-degree, totally immersive tours of the opera house in Barcelona," said Mike Hallett, director of sales for North America, Vuzix. "The M100 is the world's first smart, hands-free display and communication system for on-the-go data access. You can answer your phone, record video, display text and e-mail information, and run hundreds of applications, including Augmented Reality apps."
Technology news blogs Engadget, Gizmodo, Laptop, Slashgear, TechCrunch and The Verge posted live coverage from the sixth edition of ShowStoppers @ Mobile World Congress. BBC, BNETtv, CNET, CNN and Dave Graveline's Into Tomorrow recorded coverage for network broadcasts.
The ShowStoppers libretto at the world-renowned Gran Teatre del Liceau opera house included:
- Lenovo tablets and smartphones.
- SmartGPS apps for iOS and Android from Magellan.
- The recently launched BlackBerry 10 platform on the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
- Touch-screen mobile hotspots from Novatel Wireless.
- Android computers from Viewsonic.
- Mobile health tools from Qualcomm – and a challenge with prizes for developers of health apps.
- Windows Phone 8 gets a CoPilot from ALK Technologies – a world premiere.
- Tools to build iOS and Android apps without programming skills from AppMachine.
- Indigo, the personal assistant from Artificial Solutions that is not trapped on one device, one platform – one day before the public beta launched.
- Audio technologies from DTS built into two billion consumer electronics products.
- Biometrics from EyeVerify that replace smartphone passwords.
- Turn-by-turn directions from Garmin.
- Dolby-enhanced music headphones from Jabra.
- Zero-radiation power systems from Kirk H&J.
- Freedom to swim, hike, surf or ski with your smartphone, protected by LifeProof.
- The GameSmart platform-agnostic technology from MadCatz.
- An advance look at mobile security research from McAfee.
- A first look at photographic tools coming from olloclip.
- Mobile payment systems from net mobile.
- P2i dunked phones and tablets – and they kept working.
- Keyboard innovations from TouchPal.
- Mobile gaming services from WildTangent.
- Mobile power solutions from XPAL.
Performers also included CTIA, Device Renewal Forum, emporia Telecom, Griffin, Kony Solutions, Maxim Integrated, SAP and ZAGG.
Save these dates
The next ShowStoppers events are ShowStoppers @ NAB Show, 8 Apr. 2013 in Las Vegas; ShowStoppers at CTIA Wireless, 20 May 2013 in Las Vegas; and ShowStoppers @ E3, 11 June 2013 in Los Angeles – plus a playdate with the mobile revolution at the fourth annual Sandbox Summit @ MIT, 15-16 Apr. 2013 in Cambridge, MA.
ShowStoppers also produces press and business activities at the IFA 2013 Global Press Conference in April – and ShowStoppers @ IFA, 5 Sept. 2013, the official press event at the global tradeshow in Berlin for consumer electronics and home appliances that inspires people and moves markets.
To exhibit and meet the press at ShowStoppers, contact Dave Leon, email@example.com, +1-845-638-3527.
Now in its 20th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets.
+1 512 288 0950
ShowStoppers is a registered trademark of LL&J LLC. All other trademarks are acknowledged.