Sibling Group Announces Education Management Organization
"The Teaching Alliance, Inc." to Focus on the Growing Charter School Segment.
NEW YORK and ATLANTA, Feb 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sibling Group Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB:SIBE.PK) ("the Company") announced that it will expand its operating subsidiary structure with the formation of The Teaching Alliance, Inc., which will be based in Atlanta, Georgia. The Teaching Alliance will be the education management organization (EMO) for the Company, housing acquired school management businesses.
"We see tremendous opportunities in the school management area, particularly within the charter school area nationally, and with private school and tutoring operations internationally," said Gerald Sullivan, Chairman of the Company. The business will be managed by Mr. Rob Copenhaver, recently named CEO for the Company.
Mr. Copenhaver explained the strategy by saying, "The Teaching Alliance intends to acquire existing EMOs. We believe that economies of scale will be recognized via repeatable best practices combined with improved administrative, and learning technologies. With this unique approach we intend to reduce wasteful spending on outdated processes, content, and technologies. Further, we expect that by replacing these outmoded approaches with a more cost effective learning approach it may significantly improve operating margins as a result of the use of better quality administrative tools and processes, while increasing the quality of the education experience."
According to a report recently issued by The National Education Policy Center, the national landscape for EMO's is growing rapidly, and includes the following key points:
- The number of states in which for-profit EMOs operated was 33 in 2010-2011;
- In 2010-2011, 35% of all public charter schools in the U.S. were operated by private EMOs, and these schools accounted for almost 42% of all students enrolled in charter schools;
- Since the 1995-1996 school year, the number of for-profit EMOs has increased from 5 to 99, and the number of schools operating has increased from 6 to 758. It is estimated that enrollment has grown from approximately 1,000 students in 1995-1996 to 394,096 in 2010-2011;
- Large-sized for-profit EMOs account for 74.8% of all students enrolled in EMO managed schools, which has increased from 73.7% in 2009-2010. Medium for profit EMOs account for 13.5% and small for-profits only account for 11.8% of the total enrollment.
- Large-sized EMOs tend to have a larger average enrollment (588) than medium-size EMOs (439) and small-sized EMOs (461). The average enrollments for for-profit schools are much larger than nonprofit-managed schools' enrollments.
The full report can be found at: http://nepc.colorado.edu/files/EMO-profiles-10-11_0.pdf, or by hardcopy at: National Education Policy Center, School of Education, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309-0249, Telephone: (802) 383-0058
ABOUT SIBLING GROUP HOLDINGS:
The mission of Sibling Group Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: SIBE, "the Company") is to utilize advanced technology and education management to enhance and accelerate the delivery of 21st century learning using multiple teaching and learning modalities on a global basis. The mission will be accomplished by accessing funds from the public capital markets and melding them into a unified strategy that will help to accelerate the improvement of K-12 education across the globe. The desired result will be better educated children, a sustainable and cost effective teaching model, primarily for K-12 education, and reduced dependence on governmental funding. For a complete overview please visit the Company web site at: www.newco4education.com.
Safe Harbor: This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties and are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Sibling Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. is subject to risks detailed from time to time in its publicly filed documents available at www.sec.gov. Sibling Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that it may make to conform to actual results. All current and potential shareholders are asked to read all filings for the Company at the Securities and Exchange Commission web site, www.SEC.gov
Sibling Group Holdings, Inc.
SOURCE Sibling Group Holdings, Inc.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.