Siempre Mujer Magazine Announces 7th Annual List Of Inspiring Hispanic Women In October/November Issue With Actress And Breast Cancer Awareness Activist And Survivor, Adamari Lopez On The Cover Magazine Partners with Pantene and COVERGIRL on Facebook Charity Program
NEW YORK, Oct. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the 7th year in a row, Siempre Mujer magazine honors "Always Inspiring" Hispanic women in its signature Siempre Inspiran October/November feature, which hits newsstands today. The 2012 honorees -- Irene Ochoa, Ann Solorio Brownell, Dulce Matuz, Jeannette Grauer and Melina Garcia -- were chosen by Siempre Mujer and celebrated for their inner beauty through their hands-on dedication to important causes in the Hispanic community. The "Women Who Inspire" were interviewed by famous activists and communicators, such as Mercedes Soler (CNN en Espanol Host), Adamari Lopez (cancer survivor and actress), Natalia Jimenez (Singer), Satcha Pretto (Univision news anchor), Maria Hinojosa (Investigative journalist and radio personality-PBS).
In celebration of the Siempre Inspiran feature, Siempre Mujer is teaming up with COVERGIRL and Pantene for the second year in a row to host the "Women Who Inspire" Facebook charity program, which enables Facebook fans to vote on the woman who most inspires them. This year, to bring the Siempre Inspiran editorial feature to life, a special voting application tab is featured on Siempre Mujer's Facebook page, allowing followers to vote for the woman who most inspires them. The woman who receives the most votes will receive a $10,000 grant for their charity on behalf of Siempre Mujer, COVERGIRL and Pantene. Visitors can vote at Siempre Mujer Facebook page starting today and through November 26th.
These women were selected beyond the women featured in book, to further celebrate Latina women making a difference. This year's Facebook honorees include:
- ESTELLA SANCHEZ - Estella Sanchez has created a space in Sacramento for her community to live, love, and grow. Estella is the Founder and Director of Sol Collective Arts and Cultural Center, a community-based partnership focused on celebrating art, culture and activism to create community empowerment. Sol Collective hosts art exhibitions, a variety of workshops, mentorship programs, community forums, and music events.
- CLAUDIA DE LA CRUZ - With a focus on helping youth have access to civil and human rights, Claudia De la Cruz serves as founder and general coordinator of Da Urban Butterflies Youth Leadership Development Project (D.U.B). D.U.B is a membership-based project that empowers young women living in Washington Heights, NY and New York City, to establish leadership development skills.
- JACKLYN ROSA - Jacklyn Rosa of Williamsburg Brooklyn, co-founded Artists for Creative Theatre, Inc, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing young adults interested in the performing arts with acting and music workshops. Rosa's greatest aspirations are for Artists for Creative Theatre to become a hub for artistic social change, where young adults feel safe to develop their creative works of expression.
- DR. GABRIELA SALVADOR - Dr. Gabriela Salvador, MD, MPH, serves as Pro Mujer's Director of Health & Human Development. In this role, Dr. Salvador oversees all of Pro Mujer's global healthcare initiatives and strategy, advocating for underprivileged women in Latin American countries.
- JESSICA GONZALEZ-ROJAS - Jessica Gonzalez-Rojas serves as the Executive Director at the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health (NLIRH), the only national reproductive justice organization that specifically works to advance reproductive health and rights for Latinas. Jessica is a strong voice for Latinas, building a strong Latina grassroots presence.
About Siempre Mujer
Launched in September 2005, Siempre Mujer is the first-ever Spanish-language lifestyle publication for Hispanic women living in the United States. Published by Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP), Siempre Mujer reflects the lifestyles, aspirations and dreams of Hispanic women who keep their traditions alive and embrace new American values. Siempre Mujer helps the Hispanic woman navigate this new culture by covering the worlds of: Home decor; fashion and beauty; food and entertaining; family and parenting; culture and entertainment; relationships and self-development; health and fitness; and finance. The bi-monthly national magazine has a rate base of 500,000.
Since its introduction in 1961, the COVERGIRL brand has been a beauty industry leader in providing women with the makeup tools to rock their everyday cover moments. The long list of famous COVERGIRLs has included Christie Brinkley, Cheryl Tiegs, Rachel Hunter, Tyra Banks, Niki Taylor and Molly Sims. The current roster of COVERGIRLs includes such icons as P!nk, Sofia Vergara, Janelle Monae, Queen Latifah, Drew Barrymore, Ellen DeGeneres, Taylor Swift and Team USA athletes Jennifer Kessy, Olympic Silver Medalist (Women's Beach Volleyball) and Marlen Esparza, Olympic Bronze Medalist (Women's Boxing). Visit www.covergirl.com for more information on COVERGIRL's extensive lineup of products for women of every age. Like CG on facebook.com/covergirl, and follow the brand on Twitter at twitter.com/covergirl.
About Pantene Pro-V
The Pantene Pro-V line includes customized collections to help provide all women with healthy, beautiful hair: Customized Solutions, Nature Fusion, Restore Beautiful Lengths, Relaxed & Natural, Classic and Expressions. Pantene Pro-V products are available at drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers.
SOURCE Siempre Mujer