SIIA Announces All-New Information Industry Summit in NYC Jan. 30-31
Conference to Focus on Breakthrough Business Models, Products & Services in the Digital Content Industry
WASHINGTON, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today announced the 2013 Information Industry Summit (IIS). The twelfth annual conference, to be held January 30-31 in New York City, has been recast for 2013 with an intense focus on serving the needs of publishing, media, and information industry C-Suite executives – helping them identify next-generation opportunities for growth and innovation.
"The information industry is in a time of tremendous change, but this new reality presents extraordinary opportunities for companies to develop new products and services and to find new markets and customers," said Kathy Greenler Sexton, Vice President of the SIIA Content Division. "As the industry is changing, so is our event – in 2013 we will present a new, unique, and compelling program for industry executives. Our goal is to challenge even the most established information businesses with fresh ideas, innovations, and strategies. IIS 2013 promises to be one of the most important gatherings for forward-thinking information industry executives."
The 2013 Summit will draw leaders from media, publishing, and information services companies as well as the technology and private equity organizations that serve them.
Discussions at IIS 2013 will be led by industry thought leaders, including:
- Keynotes by George Colony, Forrester CEO; Brewster Kahle, Internet Archive Co-Founder; Nicholas Thompson, Senior Editor, The New Yorker; and Terry McGraw, Chairman, President and CEO, The McGraw Hill Companies
- Key discussions with individuals including David Kirkpatrick, Senior Technology & Internet Editor, Fortune; David Reimer, CEO, Merryck & Co.; Andy Prozes, Senior Advisor, Warburg Pincus; Denzil Rankine, Executive Chairman, AMR International; Scott Peters, Co-President, The Jordan, Edmiston Group, Inc.; and more
- "Breakthrough Talks" by James Peck, CEO, LexisNexis Risk Solutions; John Yemma, Editor, The Christian Science Monitor; Donal Toole, Finance & Strategy Director, The Christian Science Monitor; Jeff Shelstad, CEO, Flatworld; Steven Kuyan, Executive Director, NYU Poly Incubator; and Jeff Giesea, CEO & Founder, Best Vendor
The conference will also include a number of special events and activities, including:
- The SIIA Content CODiE Awards, which honor the best products and services in the information industry. This year, the CODiE's will feature a showcase during IIS 2013 of all Content CODiE Award finalists, in addition to the annual award ceremony.
- The SIIA Previews Competition, which showcases emerging content and content-technology companies. This year, Previews will cross the 100th presenting company mark;The second annual Peter E. Jackson Innovation Award, which honors the late Thomson Reuters Vice President and Chief Scientist, and his profound impact on the B2B publishing industry. Dr. Jackson was an active board member of the SIIA Content Division. Keynoter Brewster Kahle was this first recipient of this award.
Finally, SIIA is especially pleased to announce its partnership with host sponsors Connotate, ProQuest, and The Jordan, Edmiston Group, all working with SIIA to create what is sure to be the year's most compelling conference for the leadership of the media, publishing, and information services industries.
For more details about IIS and to register online, visit www.siia.net/iis/2013.
Members of the media who are interested in attending IIS 2013 should contact Beth Dozier at email@example.com.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education and intellectual property protection to more than 500 leading software and information companies. For further information, visit www.siia.net.
About the SIIA Content Division
The SIIA Content Division serves the media, publishing, information services and technology companies that drive the content industry. The Division is dedicated to helping its members successfully navigate the dramatic changes in content creation, business models and technology impacting the content industry. Our member companies create, publish and deliver content across all online, mobile and digital platforms; produce content-focused software applications and tools; develop enabling technologies; and offer services focused on the content industry. For more information, visit www.siia.net/content.
SOURCE Software & Information Industry Association
More by this Source
SIIA Names Heather Cejovic Director, Sponsorships and Recruitment
Oct 03, 2013, 15:44 ET
Mike Marchesano Named Managing Director of SIIA's American Business Media Division
Sep 30, 2013, 11:01 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.