VANCOUVER, May 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ - Silver Wheaton Corp. ("Silver Wheaton" or the "Company") (TSX:SLW) (NYSE: SLW) announces that the nominees listed in the management proxy circular for the 2014 Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders were elected as directors of Silver Wheaton. Detailed results of the vote for directors of the Company held at the Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders earlier today are shown below:
|Nominee||Votes For||% For||Votes Withheld||% Withheld|
|Lawrence I. Bell||170,061,439||99.06||1,607,166||0.94|
|George L. Brack||168,457,095||98.13||3,211,510||1.87|
|John A. Brough||170,150,611||99.12||1,517,994||0.88|
|R. Peter Gillin||170,136,257||99.11||1,532,348||0.89|
|Douglas M. Holtby||169,972,210||99.01||1,696,395||0.99|
|Wade D. Nesmith||139,000,466||80.97||32,668,139||19.03|
|Randy V.J. Smallwood||169,739,131||98.88||1,929,474||1.12|
In addition, the following special matters were approved by shareholders at the 2014 Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders:
- the non-binding advisory resolution accepting the Company's approach to executive compensation was carried with 95.27% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the amendment to the Company's share option plan was carried with 89.36% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the confirmation of the by-law providing for advance notice requirements for the nomination of directors was carried with 97.71% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution;
- the confirmation of the amendment to the Company's existing by-laws to increase the quorum at a meeting of shareholders from 10% to 25% was carried with 99.47% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution; and
- the confirmation of the amendment to the Company's existing by-laws to modernize and enhance notice and signature provisions was carried with 99.58% of the votes cast in favour of such resolution.
SOURCE Silver Wheaton Corp.