HUNT VALLEY, Md., Aug. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The return to school calls for easy family meals that deliver big on flavor. This fall, McCormick is serving up delicious one-dish dinners made with wholesome ingredients families can feel good about, like spaghetti squash and quinoa. And, because these recipes bring everything together in a baking dish or skillet, there's less prep and cleanup, and more time for reconnecting around the dinner table.
"Back-to-school season is the one of the busiest times of year for families, and it's tempting to reach for a ready-made meal or takeout menu," said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. "Instead, throw a quick skillet dish together using cooked quinoa, ground turkey, fresh tomatoes and corn. Season the mixture with organic taco seasoning and sprinkle with Mexican cheese and you've got a delicious kid-friendly dinner that cooks in 30 minutes."
- Quinoa Taco Skillet: McCormick Organics Taco Seasoning Mix adds kid-friendly flavor to this skillet dinner of quinoa, ground turkey, fresh tomatoes and corn.
- Tex-Mex Macaroni Casserole: This flavorful south-of-the-border skillet casserole combines whole grain elbow macaroni, cheddar cheese, fresh tomatoes and ground beef for a delicious dinner even the pickiest eater won't resist.
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Lo Mein: Load up on veggies with this weeknight version of an Asian takeout favorite. Carrots, bell pepper and shrimp are flavored with soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Try a microwave shortcut to cook the spaghetti squash and have it on the table in no time.
- Fall Skillet Pot Pie: Rotisserie or leftover chicken, refrigerated biscuits and an oven-proof skillet make this comfort food favorite a weeknight reality. Add sweet potatoes, peas and flavor with thyme, cinnamon and garlic powder.
- Chicken Fajita Soup: Warm up with a one-pot wonder that gets a Tex-Mex twist from McCormick Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix. Let the family customize with toppings like avocado, cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.
- Chicken Chili with Apple and Sweet Potato: Say goodbye to beans and make a quick fall chili the whole family will love. Kitchen Basics Organic Chicken Stock gives the quick dish a rich, simmered-all-day flavor.
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken: Tender chicken simmered in a creamy red sauce, fresh parmesan and freshly ground Italian herbs make for a perfect weeknight dish. Whether you serve with pasta, atop Italian bread or let the chicken be the star, this dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Chicken Noodle Casserole: The ultimate comfort soup gets the casserole treatment. Pasta, chicken, vegetables and gooey cheese come together with the flavors of garlic and Italian seasoning. The perfect casserole for weeknight leftovers.
To download food photography, visit the digital press room at www.McCormick.com/Press-Room.
McCormick & Company, Incorporated is a global leader in flavor. With $4.3 billion in annual sales, the company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavorful products to the entire food industry – retail outlets, food manufacturers and foodservice businesses. Every day, no matter where or what you eat, you can enjoy food flavored by McCormick. McCormick Brings Passion to Flavor™. For more information, visit www.mccormickcorporation.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/simmer-it-or-skillet-delicious-one-pot-meals-for-back-to-school-season-300309061.html