Simplified Diet Book The New Atkins Made Easy Offers Easy Jumpstart Weight Loss For A New Year, New You Ranked Among the Best Diets of 2014 by U.S. News & World Report, Atkins™ Introduces Six New, Satisfying Additions to the Popular Line of Atkins Frozen Meal Entrees
DENVER, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time to give resolutions a healthy boost, a new, simplified take on the original low-carb diet has hit bookstore shelves. Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., a leader in the weight-management category, introduces The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great — Starting Today, a new book from New York Times bestselling author and Vice President of Nutrition and Education, Colette Heimowitz.
Atkins™ is backed by more than 80 peer-reviewed, scientific studies that validate the health and effectiveness of a low-carb lifestyle. Just this week, Atkins was ranked by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the "Best Weight-Loss Diets" for 2014. The new book provides a more streamlined and simplified approach for the Atkins dieter this year, making the program easier to understand and follow while explaining the basics of Atkins, why it works and what foods to eat:
- Easy steps to weight loss visuals for transitioning phases
- Detailed shopping lists that include every day pantry items for stocking an Atkins-friendly kitchen full of lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats
- Delicious and easy recipes, such as Chipotle Shrimp Salad, Deep-Dish Sausage Cauliflower Pizza and Tiramisu Pudding
- Meal plans that include the Atkins Frozen entrees and easy-on-the-go Atkins bars, shakes, and candies
- Tips for dining out and ways to leverage the Atkins digital tools like the free Atkins mobile app and the NEW iPad app
Heimowitz provides expert guidance throughout the book and features real success stories, giving Atkins followers additional motivation and inspiration along their path to a slimmer figure, renewed energy, self-control and confidence.
The New Atkins Made Easy (January 2014; $16.99; Touchstone) is available at retailers nationwide and on amazon.com.
New Atkins Frozen Meal Entrees
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. introduces six new, indulgent and easy-to-make Frozen entrees. Featuring whole food ingredients like premium meats, real rich creams, freshly picked vegetables and 7g Net Carbs or less in every meal, Atkins Frozen entrees are great options for all phases of the Atkins Diet. With 310-420 calories and more than 16g of protein in every meal, Atkins Frozen entrees will leave you full and satisfied. The line offers low-carb dieters a convenient and satisfying solution to help achieve and maintain their weight loss and include the following, which just recently launched in time for the New Year:
- Bacon Scramble – Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and bacon
- Steak Scramble – Scrambled eggs with beef strips, green bell peppers, mushrooms and cheddar cheese
- Swedish Meatballs – Meatballs with mushrooms and onions in a sour cream gravy
- Mexican-Style Chicken and Vegetables – Premium grilled white meat chicken breast with green & red bell peppers, onions and a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses in an enchilada sauce
- Orange Chicken – Premium grilled white meat chicken breast with bok choy, edamame and carrots in an orange sauce
- Shrimp Scampi – Premium shrimp with broccoli florets, red bell peppers and penne pasta in a garlic cream sauce
In addition to these six new varieties, the current menu of Atkins Frozen entrees includes a variety of options to please every taste bud from traditional comfort classics like Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy to more premium Italian entrees such as the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo with a real cream and Parmesan cheese sauce. Varieties are available nationwide with new meals rolling out in Walmart locations and additional retailers.
Backed by more than 80 independent published studies demonstrating safety and effectiveness, the Atkins Diet is a powerful weight loss program based on all food groups. The diet is a long-term, well-balanced plan that encourages the consumption of lean protein, good carbs and a balance of healthy fats. Learn more about this rich and satisfying dietary approach by visiting atkins.com.
About The Author
Colette Heimowitz, M.Sc., is the vice president of nutrition and education at Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. She has more than 25 years of experience as a nutritionist.
About Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. is a leader in the $2.4 billion weight control nutrition category, and offers a powerful lifetime approach to weight loss and management. The Atkins Diet focuses on a healthy diet with reduced levels of refined carbohydrates and added sugars and encourages the consumption of protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables and good fats. Backed by research and consumer success stories, this approach allows the body to burn more fat and work more efficiently while helping individuals feel less hungry, more satisfied and more energetic.
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., manufactures and sells a variety of frozen meals, nutrition bars and shakes designed around the nutritional principles of the Atkins Diet™. Atkins' four product lines: Advantage®, Day Break™, Endulge™ and Cuisine™ appeal to a broad audience of both men and women who want to achieve their weight management goals and enjoy a healthier lifestyle. Atkins products are available online at atkins.com and in more than 30,000 locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. For more information, visit atkins.com.
SOURCE Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.