"Sing & Dance For Your Snack" as Pretzelmaker® Celebrates With Free Soft Pretzels on April 26th For National Pretzel Day!
ATLANTA, April 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Pretzelmaker® announced today that it is, once again, giving away free pretzels on the official National Pretzel Day holiday. On April 26th, customers are invited to visit their local Pretzelmaker®, sing a snippet from a song of their choice or, for the first time, show off their latest dances moves and receive a FREE soft pretzel (standard salted or unsalted) while supplies last. Patrons who prefer not to sing or dance... have no fear - you can simply say "National Pretzel Day" to receive their free pretzel. Pretzelmaker® is managed by GFG Management, LLC, a subsidiary of Global Franchise Group.
Television star and winner of The Glee Project, Damian McGinty, will be on hand to support Pretzelmaker® through a variety of activities, including promoting the day's celebrations through a nationwide radio media tour on April 26th. McGinty can currently be seen on the hit show Glee and is excited to inspire fans dancing and singing this holiday.
"National Pretzel Day is our favorite day of the year at Pretzelmaker® and we're looking forward to providing our customers fresh baked pretzels once again this year. Pretzelmaker® fans love this celebration and we are delighted to continue with the tradition of free pretzels for our fifth year in a row," said Julie-Ann Reid, Pretzelmaker® Brand Director for GFG Management, LLC.
To find a participating Pretzelmaker® location near you visit www.nationalpretzelday.com. Join in the National Pretzel Day conversation on Twitter® by Tweeting @Pretzelmaker with the hashtag #NationalPretzelDay. To stay up to date on all of Pretzelmaker®'s products and promotions, join Pretzelmaker®'s exclusive e-mail fan club at www.pretzelmaker.com or become a fan of the brand on Facebook® www.facebook.com/pretzelmaker.
*Limit one offer per guest during the day of the promotion. Counts vary by store. Valid only at participating U.S.stores. No purchase necessary. No cash value.
Some fun pretzel facts include:
- In 2003 Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell declares April 26 National Pretzel Day to acknowledge the importance of the pretzel to the state's history and economy
- In A.D. 610, while baking bread, an Italian monk decided to create a treat to motivate his distracted catechism students. He rolled out ropes of dough, twisted them to resemble hands crossed on the chest in prayer, and baked them. The monk christened his snacks pretiola, Latin for "little reward
- Pretzelphyte is the name for a lover of pretzels, often called a pretzel aficionado
- More than $550 million worth of pretzels are sold in the United States annually
- The average U.S. citizen consumes up to two pounds of pretzels per year
- The phrase "tying the knot" came from the Swiss, who still incorporate the lucky pretzel in wedding ceremonies. Newlyweds traditionally make a wish and break a pretzel, in the same way people in other cultures break a wishbone or a glass
- There is a dance move in swing dancing called the Pretzel Dance
About Pretzelmaker® www.pretzelmaker.com
Since 1991, Pretzelmaker® has specialized in serving fresh baked, hand-rolled soft pretzel products, dipping sauces and beverages. Long recognized as an innovator in their industry, the brand is credited with inventing the popular Pretzel Dog, Mini Pretzel Dogs, and the portable Pretzel Bites. Following integration in 2010, the Pretzelmaker® brand now also includes Pretzel Time®. Pretzelmaker® is currently the second largest soft pretzel concept in the United States and is also rapidly expanding worldwide with locations in Canada, Guam and Mexico.
About Global Franchise Group, LLC www.globalfranchise.com
Global Franchise Group, LLC is a strategic brand management company with a focus on franchising. The company owns a portfolio of franchise brands that includes four quick service restaurant (QSR) franchise concepts: Great American Cookies®, MaggieMoo's®, Marble Slab Creamery®, Pretzelmaker® as well as two retail franchise concepts: TAF® and Shoebox New York®. The brands are managed by GFG Management, LLC, a subsidiary of Global Franchise Group, LLC. Global Franchise Group, LLC is an affiliate of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners, an independent investment firm, with $5 billion of capital under management and substantial franchise management experience.
More by this Source
Pretzelmaker® Debuts Pepperoni Pretzel Roll
Jul 09, 2013, 08:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.