Singing Machine Announces Release of New Mobile Karaoke Application
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., Sept. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Singing Machine Company, Inc. ("Singing Machine" or the "Company") (OTCBB: SMDM) through a partnership with Stingray Digital Group, proudly announces the release of its new mobile application: "The Singing Machine Mobile Karaoke App, powered by The KARAOKE Channel", available now through iTunes and the Apple App Store. For $0.99, karaoke lovers everywhere gain access to a library of high quality karaoke videos streamed to their mobile devices. With a complimentary song list updated monthly and over 8,000 songs available through a 30 Day In App subscription, the Singing Machine Mobile Karaoke App is sure to bring a true karaoke experience with you wherever you go.
"It's exciting for us," commented Gary Atkinson, CEO of The Singing Machine. "Finding fresh new karaoke music has always been the number one challenge for our customers. With the App, our customers can find thousands of popular or hard-to-find songs right from their mobile device. In addition, we are simultaneously releasing new Singing Machines designed specifically with the App in mind. The goal was to combine the instant access of digital music with our convenient Singing Machine hardware to create a convenient and fun karaoke experience."
The app allows users to easily and efficiently stream high quality karaoke songs with full-motion video to their iPhone, iPod touch or iPad devices. Simply download the app, dock your device to your Singing Machine and unleash the fun! This new karaoke app, from the leaders in home karaoke, offers great hit songs in the style of today's top artists, such as Lady GaGa, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson and many others. The songs are played with original concept video backgrounds and an optional lead vocal guide track can be turned on or off, if you need a little help singing the song. Full song lyrics are included on each song's info page.
Highlights of the app include:
- High quality karaoke videos streamed over your mobile network or Wi-Fi to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- Listen and sing along to songs with or without lead vocals (when available).
- Browse top songs in the charts or search by title, artist or lyrics.
- Quickly access recently played songs and favorites.
- Easily share songs with friends.
- Connect to your Apple TV with AirPlay to display karaoke videos on your TV (device requires iOS 4.3).
About The Singing Machine
Incorporated in 1982, The Singing Machine Company develops and distributes a full line of consumer-oriented karaoke machines and music under The Singing Machine™, SMDigital™, SoundX™, Sound X Kids™ and other brand names. The first to provide karaoke systems for home entertainment in the United States, The Singing Machine is available in North America, Europe and Australia. The Singing Machine is also the first to offer digital music downloads for play on home karaoke machines. See www.singingmachine.com for more details.
About Stingray Digital Group
Stingray Digital is a leader in interactive music distribution. Stingray's properties include:
- Galaxie, the leading digital music service on TV in more than 10 million households in Canada and in the US,
- Music Choice Europe, a digital music service delivered to over 10 million homes in Europe and Africa,
- The KARAOKE Channel, the world's largest licensed karaoke library and karaoke service on TV with 50 million subscribers and on the Internet,
- Concert TV, a VOD service distributed to 30 million homes in the US and in Canada,
- Stingray360, a leader in sensorial marketing solutions for businesses,
- Stingray Music, music licensing for film, television, advertising and other uses.
Stingray Digital is financially backed by Telesystem and Novacap and headquartered in Montreal. Stingray Digital has 136 employees in offices across Canada and additional offices in Charlotte, North Carolina and London, England.
For more information, visit www.stingraydigital.com
This press release contains forwardlooking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forwardlooking statements are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about the Company's business based, in part, on assumptions made by management and include, but are not limited to statements about our financial statements for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2010. You should review our risk factors in our SEC filings which are incorporated herein by reference. Such forwardlooking statements speak only as of the date on which they are made and the company does not undertake any obligation to update any forwardlooking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this release.
SOURCE The Singing Machine Company, Inc.