NEW YORK, Dec. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- SiriusXM today announced that a wide-ranging selection of critically-acclaimed programs and podcasts from one of the most influential and top producers in on-demand audio -- WNYC Studios -- will join SiriusXM Insight channel 121 starting Monday, January 9, 2017. Both first-run and archive editions of the programs will be available seven days a week.
The mix of WNYC Studios-produced programs and podcasts that will air on SiriusXM's Insight channel range across subject matter including comedy, economics, drama, media, relationships, and more. Daily programs include the unique storytelling and explorations of shows like Radiolab, Freakonomics Radio, and Snap Judgment. Weekly programs include Here's the Thing hosted by Alec Baldwin, 2 Dope Queens with Jessica Williams and Phoebe Robinson, The New Yorker Radio Hour, Death, Sex & Money, and more. For a full list of shows and podcasts to air on the channel, please visit www.siriusxm.com/wnyc.
"WNYC wants to be anywhere people are listening," said Dean Cappello, Chief Content Officer for WNYC and head of the WNYC Studios. "So we are thrilled to bring our award-winning podcasts to SiriusXM and its Insight channel. We're excited to reach and engage new listeners through this partnership."
"With millions of downloads each month, the popularity and quality of this content is unmistakable," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SiriusXM. "We're excited to give our audience easy access to this exceptional programming, all in one place. Millions can now discover this unique content and compelling storytelling for the very first time. It's great radio for their daily SiriusXM listening routines."
Insight is SiriusXM's channel offering a mix of podcasts, public radio, and political comedians on a mission to help listeners make sense of the world around them. From issues spanning headline news and social trends, technology, arts and culture, science, spirituality, education, and more, SiriusXM Insight is home to exclusive shows Stand Up with Pete Dominick, Tell Me Everything with John Fugelsang, and The Dean Obeidallah Show, which will continue in their current timeslots.
WNYC Studios shows and podcasts airing on SiriusXM Insight channel 121 include:
- Freakonomics Radio, Monday-Friday at 6:00 am ET: Exploring the riddles of everyday life and the weird wrinkles of human nature, host Stephen J. Dubner, along with his "Freakonomics" co-author Steve Levitt, use the tools of economics to explore real-world behavior.
- Snap Judgment, Monday-Friday at 7:00 am ET: With its raw, intimate, musical brand of narrative, Snap Judgment dares audiences to see the world through the eyes of another - mixing real stories with killer beats to produce radio that's cinematic and dramatic. It's storytelling…with a beat.
- Radiolab, Monday-Friday at 8:00 am & 8:00 pm ET: Radiolab is a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience. Hosted by Jad Abumrad with co-host Robert Krulwich, the show is designed for listeners who demand skepticism, but appreciate wonder and want to be moved and surprised. Radiolab won Peabody Awards in 2011 and 2015.
- Here's the Thing, Thursdays at 9:00 pm ET: Award-winning actor Alec Baldwin takes listeners into the lives of artists, policy makers, and performers - sidestepping the predictable by going inside the dressing rooms, apartments, and offices of people we want to understand better.
- Death, Sex & Money, Mondays at 9:00 pm ET: Featuring the big questions and hard choices that are often left out of polite conversation, host Anna Sale talks to celebrities and listeners about relationships, money, family, work, and making it all count while we're here.
- The New Yorker Radio Hour, Saturdays at 3:00 pm ET: New Yorker editor David Remnick is joined by the magazine's award-winning writers in a weekly hour of radio that delights and informs with its mix of profiles, storytelling, and insightful conversations about the issues that matter ― plus an occasional blast of comic genius from the magazine's legendary Shouts and Murmurs page.
- Note to Self, Wednesdays at 9:30 pm ET: In a quest for smart choices to help us think and live better, host Manoush Zomorodi talks with everyone from big name techies to elementary school teachers about the effects of technology on our lives.
- On The Media, Fridays at 6:00 pm ET & Saturdays at 4:00 pm ET: For listeners eager to challenge their assumptions, On the Media offers an investigation into how the media affects our worldview. Hosts Brooke Gladstone and Bob Garfield give listeners the tools they need to survive the media maelstrom. The Peabody-Award- winning show is notable for its wry tone, lively pace, and singular insights about the stories that shape our culture.
- Only Human, Mondays at 9:30pm ET: Whether training for a marathon, overcoming an illness, or trying not to go broke paying for healthcare, Only Human helps listeners make the most of their health. Hosted by Mary Harris, Only Human is not afraid of uncomfortable conversations, and experiments with possible solutions.
- 2 Dope Queens, Wednesdays at 9:00 pm ET: Hosted by Phoebe Robinson and Jessica Williams, 2 Dope Queens share stories about sex, romance, race, hair journeys, living in New York, and more.
- Sooo Many White Guys, Sundays at 8:00 pm ET: Phoebe Robinson hosts intimate, funny and honest conversations with musicians, actors, writers and comedians who are killing it in their fields – AND, aren't white dudes.
Additional programs and podcasts joining the SiriusXM Insight lineup are:
- Great Debates, Wednesdays at 6:00 pm ET: Without any preparation- or really any thought at all -Steve Hely (writer for David Letterman and Carson Daly) and Dave King (writer for Parks and Recreation, Workaholics) debate the great issues of the day: "Is turkey the best luncheon meat?" or "Can you judge a book by its cover?" Moderated by Dan Medina.
- Sit-down with Alfred and Chris, Thursdays at 6:00 pm ET: Every week SiriusXM's Alfred Schulz and Chris Hauselt go long-form on arts, pop culture, music and more. The hosts philosophize David Bowie, take listeners on a tour of America's best dive bars, dissect popular films, and everything in between.
SiriusXM Insight's programming will be available on SiriusXM On Demand for subscribers listening via the SiriusXM App for smartphones and other mobile devices or online at siriusxm.com. Visit www.siriusxm.com/ondemand for more information on SiriusXM On Demand.
For more information on SiriusXM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world's largest radio company measured by revenue and has approximately 31 million subscribers. SiriusXM creates and offers commercial-free music; premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; exclusive talk and entertainment, and a wide-range of Latin music, sports and talk programming. SiriusXM is available in vehicles from every major car company and on smartphones and other connected devices as well as online at siriusxm.com. SiriusXM radios and accessories are available from retailers nationwide and online at SiriusXM. SiriusXM also provides premium traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers through SiriusXM Traffic™, SiriusXM Travel Link, NavTraffic®, NavWeather™. SiriusXM delivers weather, data and information services to aircraft and boats through SiriusXM Aviation, SiriusXM Marine™, Sirius Marine Weather, XMWX Aviation™, XMWX Weather, and XMWX Marine™. In addition, SiriusXM Music for Business provides commercial-free music to a variety of businesses. SiriusXM holds a minority interest in SiriusXM Canada which has approximately 2.8 million subscribers. SiriusXM is also a leading provider of connected vehicles services, giving customers access to a suite of safety, security, and convenience services including automatic crash notification, stolen vehicle recovery assistance, enhanced roadside assistance and turn-by-turn navigation.
To download SiriusXM logos and artwork, visit http://www.siriusxm.com/LogosAndPhotos.
This communication contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements about future financial and operating results, our plans, objectives, expectations and intentions with respect to future operations, products and services; and other statements identified by words such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "believe," "intend," "plan," "projection," "outlook" or words of similar meaning. Such forward-looking statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of our management and are inherently subject to significant business, economic and competitive uncertainties and contingencies, many of which are difficult to predict and generally beyond our control. Actual results and the timing of events may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements.
The following factors, among others, could cause actual results and the timing of events to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in the forward-looking statements: our substantial competition, which is likely to increase over time; our ability to attract and retain subscribers, which is uncertain; consumer protection laws and their enforcement; the unfavorable outcome of pending or future litigation; the market for music rights, which is changing and subject to uncertainties; our dependence upon the auto industry; general economic conditions; the security of the personal information about our customers; existing or future government laws and regulations could harm our business; failure of our satellites would significantly damage our business; the interruption or failure of our information technology and communications systems; our failure to realize benefits of acquisitions or other strategic initiatives; rapid technological and industry changes; failure of third parties to perform; harmful interference to our service from new and existing wireless operations; our failure to comply with FCC requirements; modifications to our business plan; our indebtedness; our principal stockholder has significant influence over our affairs and over actions requiring stockholder approval and its interests may differ from interests of other holders of our common stock; and impairment of our business by third-party intellectual property rights. Additional factors that could cause our results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2015, which is filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and available at the SEC's Internet site (http://www.sec.gov). The information set forth herein speaks only as of the date hereof, and we disclaim any intention or obligation to update any forward looking statements as a result of developments occurring after the date of this communication.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/siriusxm-to-add-critically-acclaimed-podcasts-shows-to-insight-channel-300382064.html
SOURCE Sirius XM Holdings Inc.