SAUSALITO, Calif., Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Sitecore®, the global leader in experience management software, today announced the Sitecore Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) for 2016. Now in its tenth year, the Sitecore MVP program recognizes MVP contributions in building Sitecore solutions and evangelizing the platform among customers and partners.
Each year, the Sitecore Most Valuable Professional Awards recognize individuals with a passion for sharing their knowledge and expertise through active participation in online and offline Sitecore communities. The company recognizes three types of MVPs annually:
- Commerce: Commerce experts and enthusiasts who use Sitecore to empower e-commerce solutions and who are actively participating in online and offline communities and events.
- Digital Strategist: An individual with strong experience with data-driven marketing, who has experience on how to use the Sitecore Experience Platform to drive business results.
- Technologist: An individual who actively participates in online and offline communities to share his or her knowledge and expertise with other Sitecore partners and customers.
This year, Sitecore has designated 177 Technology MVPs, 35 Digital Strategist MVPs, and nine Commerce MVPs, which brings the total group to more than 200 spread across 25 countries worldwide.
MVP candidates are evaluated by a panel of Sitecore employees ranging from developers to members of the executive team. They are selected based on their mastery of Sitecore's platform and ability to share knowledge with Sitecore partners, customers, and prospects. MVPs serve a one-year term, eligible for annual renewal, and receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Access to privileged resources including early access to releases, direct contact with the product team, and senior executives
- A personal Sitecore license that can be used for R&D purposes and early releases
- Invitations to speak at and attend Sitecore events, such as Sitecore Symposium, regional MVP meetings, and the annual MVP Summit
- Access to a private MVP forum
- Broad industry recognition as a proven Sitecore expert and community leader, including placement on Sitecore's dedicated MVP website: www.sitecore.net/mvp
In addition, Sitecore named a recent Sitecore retiree, John West, as its first-ever Lifetime MVP. West has been a long-time inspiration to the Sitecore developer community, acting as an uncompromisingly honest voice and a champion of the Sitecore platform. John is the author of Professional Sitecore Development, the first book on Sitecore development published by Wrox, as well as hundreds of blog posts on sitecore.net. In literally thousands of comments on Sitecore's community forum, he has built up an enthusiastic fan base of developers who seek out his advice and rely on his candor.
"These awards are individual awards through which we celebrate and recognize the Sitecore community and thought leaders," said Pieter Brinkman, Director of Developer and Platform Evangelism, Sitecore. "The MVP community sets the standard for Sitecore with their technical expertise, enthusiasm, and willingness to donate time and energy to help our growing global Sitecore community. MVPs are instrumental in helping our customers deliver relevant, contextual experiences that win—and keep—customers for life."
View the full list of 2016 Sitecore Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) here: www.sitecore.net/mvp2016
Sitecore is the global leader in experience management software that enables context marketing. The Sitecore® Experience Platform™ manages content, supplies contextual intelligence, and automates communications, at scale. It empowers marketers to deliver content in context of how customers have engaged with their brand, across every channel, in real time. More than 4,600 customers—including American Express, Carnival Cruise Lines, easyJet, and L'Oréal—trust Sitecore for context marketing to deliver the personalized interactions that delight audiences, build loyalty, and drive revenue. For more information, follow us at @sitecore or visit sitecore.net.
Eastwick for Sitecore
Sitecore and Experience Platform are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sitecore Corporation A/S and/or its subsidiaries in the USA and other countries. All other brand names, product names or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Sitecore reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice.
© 2016 Sitecore Corporation A/S. All rights reserved.