SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- SiTime Corporation, the leader in MEMS-based timing solutions and a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6875), today introduced the SiT1569 oscillator and SiT1576 Super-TCXO with expanded frequency range. These unique timing solutions, available in a tiny CSP (chip-scale package), enable coin-cell battery operated IoT sensors to run up to 10 years. By using SiTime's revolutionary TempFlat™ MEMS and mixed-signal technology, these devices deliver increased timekeeping accuracy and system power savings. The ultra-reliable, low-jitter SiT1576 and SiT1569 reference clocks are designed to drive microcontrollers (MCUs) and analog front end (AFE) modules in a range of portable and IoT applications such as railroad activity sensors in harsh environments, seismic sensor interface applications, and personal medical diagnostics.
"SiTime's unique timing solutions are solving the most difficult design challenges. Smaller size, long battery life, and timing accuracy are becoming increasingly important with the rapid growth of IoT," said Piyush Sevalia, executive vice president of marketing at SiTime. "The SiT1569 oscillator and SiT1576 Super-TCXO offer the best size, power, and accuracy to enable new IoT applications."
About the SiT1569 Oscillator and SiT1576 Super-TCXO
These MEMS timing solutions enable unprecedented size reduction and battery life by replacing bulky quartz oscillators that have limited frequency options, or internally-generated (MCU) power-hungry frequencies that lack accuracy and consume I/O pins.
- Smallest package, CSP-4, up to 80% smaller than quartz solutions
- 1.5 mm x 0.8 mm (1.2mm2 footprint)
- 0.60 mm height for lower profile
- Power supply current
- 2.5 µA (100 kHz, SiT1569)
- 5.5 µA (100 kHz, SiT1576)
- Frequency range (factory programmed for fast delivery)
- 1 Hz to 2 MHz (SiT1576)
- 1 Hz to 462 kHz (SiT1569)
- All-inclusive frequency stability includes initial offset and variations over industrial temperature (-40 to +85°C); a more accurate clock enables better timekeeping and extends battery life
- ±5 ppm (SiT1576)
- ±50 ppm (SiT1569)
- Excellent jitter performance
- 2.2 ns RMS period jitter (100 kHz, SiT1576)
- 4.0 ns RMS period jitter (100 kHz, SiT1569)
- Up to 65% faster startup time
- 300 milliseconds (max.)
- Highest reliability and resilience; MEMS resonator mass is 500 to 1000 times smaller than quartz
- 30 times higher shock and vibration resistance
- 30 times higher reliability, at 1 billion hours MTBF
Samples of the SiT1576 Super-TCXO and SiT1569 oscillator are available now from SiTime for qualified customers. Production volume is planned for Q3 2017. Pricing is available upon request.
For more information and datasheets, visit:
SiTime SiT1569-SiT1576 image: https://www.sitime.com/sit1569-sit1576-graphic
SiTime Corporation, a MEMS analog semiconductor company and a wholly owned subsidiary of MegaChips Corporation (Tokyo Stock Exchange: 6875), offers MEMS-based silicon timing solutions that replace legacy quartz products. SiTime's configurable solutions enable customers to differentiate their products with higher performance, smallest size, lowest power and best reliability. The rich feature set and flexibility of SiTime's solutions allow customers to consolidate their supply-chain, reducing cost of ownership and time to market. By using standard semiconductor processes and high volume packaging, SiTime offers the best availability and shortest lead times in the industry. With 90% market share and over 625 million devices shipped, SiTime is driving the electronics industry to use 100% silicon-based timing. www.sitime.com.
Executive Vice President, Marketing
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sitime-enables-industrial-iot-applications-with-smallest-lowest-power-precision-mems-reference-clocks-300472178.html
SOURCE SiTime Corporation