SAN FRANCISCO, June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Arup, a multidisciplinary engineering and consulting firm with a reputation for delivering innovative and sustainable designs, announced today that six of its engineers have been named to Consulting Specifying Engineer (CSE) Magazine's Top 40 Under 40 list for 2013. This award is given to industry professionals, age 40 and younger, who stand out among their peers, both professionally and personally. Arup engineers have consistently been named to this list for six consecutive years.
According to CSE, winners lead the engineering industry with impressive determination and dedication to their craft. Says Amara Rozgus, editor-in-chief, "Through project management, finding unique engineering solutions, volunteering, mentoring, and much more, these winners are guiding the building and engineering community. Now in its sixth year, the competition is becoming more intense. Each winner truly deserves this award."
"We are proud to have such outstanding and talented individuals working at Arup, and honors such as these validate our employees for their professional contributions to the company, and their dedication to their communities and families," said Mahadev Ramen, chairman of the board of Arup Americas.
The 2013 inductees include:
- Hans-Erik Blomgren, MS, PE, SE, PEng, Associate, Structural Engineering, Seattle
- Murat Karakas, PE, CEM, LEED AP, MBA, Associate Mechanical Engineering, Los Angeles
- Jamey Lyzun, PE, LEED AP, Associate, Mechanical Engineering, Los Angeles
- Michelle Dionello, PE, CEM, BEAP, LEED AP BD+C, Senior Engineer, San Francisco
- Amit Khanna, PE, LEED AP, Senior Design Engineer and Senior Sustainability Consultant, San Francisco
- Jason Krolicki, PE, Associate Structural Engineer, San Francisco
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects in the built environment and across industry. Its engineers and consultants deliver innovative projects across the world. Arup opened its first US office 25 years ago, and now employs 1,000 in the Americas. The firm was founded in 1946 with an enduring set of values that fosters a distinctive culture, intellectual independence and collaborative approach. The people at Arup are driven to find a better way to deliver better solutions for their clients. (www.arup.com)