WABAN, Mass., Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group, a leading customer experience research and advisory firm, released a new infographic: Six Laws of Customer Experience: The Fundamental Truths That Define How Organizations Treat Customers. The highly detailed graphic represents Temkin Group's most popular customer experience content.
The six laws of customer experience are meant to empower highly effective customer experience efforts. By understanding these fundamental truths about how people and organizations behave, companies can make smarter decisions about what they do, and how they do it.
"Every leader needs to understand the six laws of customer experience," states Bruce Temkin, Managing Partner of Temkin Group. "If you don't understand what causes your organization to treat customers the way that it does, then you'll never be able to drive sustainable improvements."
Here are highlights of the six laws of customer experience:
- CX Law #1: Every Action Creates A Personal Reaction. Simply put, experiences are totally in the eyes of the beholder.
- CX Law #2: People Are Instinctively Self-Centered. Everyone has their own frame of reference, which heavily influences what they do and how they do it.
- CX Law #3: Customer Familiarity Breeds Alignment. Given that most people want their company to better serve customers, a clear view of what customers need, want, and dislike can align decisions and actions.
- CX Law #4: Unengaged Employees Don't Create Engaged Customers. While you can make some customers happy through brute force, you cannot sustain great customer experience unless your employees are bought-in to what you're doing and are aligned with the effort.
- CX Law #5: Employees Do What Is Measured, Incented, and Celebrated. Employees tend to conform to the environment that they're in, so you need to adjust the environment if you want change.
- CX Law #6: You Can't Fake It. You can fool some people for some of the time, but most employees and customers can eventually tell what's real and what's not.
This research report can be accessed from the blog, Customer Experience Matters®, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com.
For more information about Temkin Group, visit www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. Temkin Group also publishes Temkin Ratings (www.TemkinRatings.com), an annual evaluation of companies based on consumer feedback. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an email.
About Bruce Temkin: Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters (ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com). Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
Customer experience matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
Read more news from Temkin Group.
SOURCE Temkin Group