Six Ways Paying Bills On Time Helps You Become Financially Successful
InCharge Debt Solutions also offers four tips that make it easy to pay on time.
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Any professional credit counselor will tell you that paying your bills on time is one of the most important actions for getting your financial house in order and something that can make or break your financial life.
"We've all got multiple credit cards and we're confronted with endless opportunities to buy items online or in stores, making it so easy to rack up bills with many different creditors and due dates," says Etta Money, President of InCharge Debt Solutions. "That makes it easy to run into a budget crunch sometime during the month, or simply forget to mail in a payment by the due date."
While it's easy to get into a late payment situation, the consequences can be quite damaging and it can take a long time to clear up your good name to creditors. Here are six reasons you should really focus on paying all your bills on time each and every month:
- Paying on time improves your credit score
- You'll improve your chance of owning a home
- You'll improve your chance of getting the job you want
- You'll eliminate late fees and extra finance charges
- You'll have access to lower interest rates
- Some creditors offer "pay-on-time bonuses," a special cash-back reward for making a minimum number of on-time payments in a row.
Certified credit counselors at InCharge Debt Solutions always help clients build a realistic budget plan as a first step toward financial health. After that, the company stresses to its clients the importance of on time payments, offering these tips:
- Pay online: Most bills can be paid online and is the quickest and most efficient way to make payments. (Just ensure that the site is secure by checking that the URL begins with "https" instead of the standard "http").
- Set up automatic payments: Many product and service providers allow you to set up automatic payments through their websites or through your own bank's site, a perfect option if you have the cash flow.
- Pay 5-7 days before your due date: Credit card companies can take as long as a full business week to process and post your payment, so pay early and don't get stung by "the float."
- Set up alerts: Many companies now offer text or email reminders when your bill is due; it helps to be reminded, so sign up for them all.
InCharge Debt Solutions provides an array of certified counseling services including an alternative to debt consolidation that allows consumers to consolidate credit card bills into one monthly payment, pay debt off faster, lower interest rates regardless of credit score, stop collection calls, eliminate late fees and build a budget and financial plan to follow:
Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing and pre-discharge courses and receive counseling from certified staff. Call 866-729-0049.
Housing Counseling Services: Get help with HUD-approved foreclosure prevention, first-time homebuyer education and free counseling. Call 877-251-1882.
Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: www.incharge.org.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2011. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through MilitaryMoney.com.
Contact: Media Relations
InCharge® Debt Solutions
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions
More by this Source
InCharge Debt Solutions Names Kristen Soles to Board of Trustees
Mar 25, 2013, 10:05 ET
InCharge Showcases Bankruptcy Courses at 2013 NABT Spring Seminar
Feb 14, 2013, 09:33 ET
How to Ensure That Credit Card Debt Isn't With Us Forever
Jan 31, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.