Skinspirations Responds to Demand for Botox and Fillers -- 3 Tips When Choosing a Cosmetic Doctor Tampa Bay-based cosmetic medicine center Skinspirations supplies patients with tips to heed when choosing a doctor to administer Botox and facial fillers.
TAMPA BAY, Fla., March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Minimal, non-invasive cosmetic procedures have grown rapidly over the past few years. Botox and fillers were among the popular treatments requested in 2012, with 14.6 million performed, an increase of five percent from 2011. With such a high demand, safety is of utmost importance when seeking out a medical professional to perform these services. Skinspirations, a non-surgical cosmetic facility, offers three tips for patients to consider when choosing to get Botox or facial fillers.
1) Experience matters.
- Choose a doctor who has been performing aesthetic injectable treatments multiple times a day for at least several years rather than someone who spends most of their time in surgery or seeing other types of patients. An easy way to know a doctor has extensive experience is to look for the Allergan Platinum label on the practice website.
2) Ensure that real, unexpired Botox Cosmetic or Dysport is being used.
- Counterfeit Botox-like products are a growing problem as some doctors buy cheaper products from unapproved foreign suppliers that fail to meet U.S. standards for storage, handling and transporting. Counterfeit products can be expired, contaminated or another product altogether & injecting them can be potentially fatal.
3) Have cosmetic injectable treatments in a medical office.
- Botox Cosmetic, Dysport and dermal filler treatments are sometimes offered in salons, spas & even private homes, but to ensure medical standards & the ability to follow up with the practitioner who does treatment, make sure you have treatment in a medical office. If you end up with a brow droop after a Botox Day or party, the injector is probably long gone.
Dr. Cynthia Elliott is a former ER trauma doctor and has been performing the most state-of-the-art cosmetic procedures in Tampa Bay for the last 10 years. Non-surgical procedures offer benefits not possible with surgery such as no resulting scars, lower cost, less down time, less discomfort and faster recovery. Despite the benefits of non-invasive procedures, Dr. Elliott wants patients to understand that there are still risks involved.
For more information about Skinspirations, visit www.skinspirations-info.com/.
About Dr. Cynthia Elliott and Skinspirations:
Cynthia Elliott, M.D., is the board-certified owner of Skinspirations, located in Clearwater, Florida. Dr. Elliott obtained her M.D. from the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine and then completed her residency in Emergency Medicine at Denver General Hospital and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. She has been on staff at Bayfront Medical Center, St. Joseph's Hospital, University Community Hospital and Mease Countryside Hospital, and has served on the faculty of the USF School of Medicine. Dr. Elliott currently serves as an expert witness in Cosmetic Medicine for the Florida Board of Medicine. Her company, ExpertEsthetics, provides online video training in advanced injection techniques, as well as hands-on technique training for other practitioners. Dr. Elliott also is a national and international trainer for Cutera Lasers, training other physicians in the use of aesthetic lasers with skin of all colors. Skinspirations specializes exclusively in rejuvenation, enhancement and anti-aging treatments for the face and body. With her staff of aesthetic experts, you know you'll get the best results obtainable. Dr. Elliott has been in practice for over 20 years, and has the experience and reputation to be chosen by the makers of Botox® Cosmetic and Juvederm to train other physicians and practitioners in her techniques. For more information, visit www.skinspirations-info.com.
Tel. 888-202-4614 ext. 806
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.