SAN FRANCISCO, March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- America's favorite snack has its own day of recognition on March 14 with National Potato Chip Day. SKOUT, the global app that helps you meet new people and expand your social circle, recently conducted a survey among more than 3,000 of its users across the U.S. to see what people's favorite potato chip flavor reveals about them.
More survey findings and an infographic are available on the SKOUT blog, but in the meantime, you can snack on these highlights from Skout's potato chip survey…
96% of people surveyed say they like potato chips.
Lime/Citrus chip lovers have the most friends!
- 42% of people who prefer lime/citrus chips have 5 or more close friends.
Hot & Spicy in the bag = hot & spicy in the bedroom.
- People who prefer hot and spicy chip flavors (including jalapeno, cajun and other spicy varieties) are most likely (47%) to say they are adventurous in the bedroom.
Some chip lovers hit the gym more than others…
- Low/No Salt chip fans exercise most frequently with 14% saying they do so every day.
- Least likely to exercise at all are people who prefer Plain chips (28%) and Cheddar chips (26%).
Late night snacking, with Jimmy Fallon.
When asked which late night comedian they would most want to share a bag of chips with, Jimmy Fallon gained the most votes.
- 39% said Jimmy Fallon
- 22% for Jimmy Kimmel
- 12% for Stephen Colbert
- 11% for Seth Meyers
- 7% for Trevor Noah
- 5% each for John Oliver and James Corden
Speaking of personalities, let's pop open a bag and see where the political chips fall…
Hillary – she's all that and a bag of chips!
- When asked which Democratic candidate they would most want to share a bag of potato chips with, people (of all political persuasions) weighed in:
- 57% of people say they would prefer to share a bag of chips with Hillary Clinton.
- 43% of people say they would prefer to share a bag of chips with Bernie Sanders.
On the Republican side, people most want to share their snack with Donald Trump.
- When asked which Republican candidate they would most want to share a bag of potato chips with, Donald Trump got the most votes (33%) among people of all political persuasions.
The Republican potato chip flavor poll results are in…
- Donald Trump fans are most likely to prefer BBQ chips.
- Marco Rubio fans are most likely to prefer Lime/Citrus chips.
- Ted Cruz fans are most likely to prefer Cheddar chips.
- John Kasich fans are most likely to prefer No/Low Salt chips.
In honor of National Potato Chip Day, SKOUT is giving back to the community through a partnership with the SF-Marin Food Bank, a San Francisco-based nonprofit. On March 14, for every virtual potato chip sticker Skouters give to each other within the app, SKOUT will make a cash donation to the Food Bank, until the goal of serving 20,000 people facing hunger has been reached.
SKOUT conducted its Potato Chip survey online between February 12 - 17, 2016, among 3,046 of its users who reside in the U.S.
SKOUT is the largest global platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle. The SKOUT community spans more than 180 countries and is available in 16 languages. SKOUT is dedicated to providing a platform through which people can easily and safely connect. The Andreessen Horowitz backed company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Visit skout.com to learn more.