"We're proud to create an opportunity for our community to use our app to fund a wish for someone who could use a real life superhero," said Christian Wiklund, co-founder and CEO of SKOUT. "Sending virtual gifts to your friends shows that you're thinking about them, but sending someone a virtual superhero gift shows you're thinking about others, too."
Here are some other super stats from Skout's recent superhero survey:
America's favorite superhero is…
- Well, it depends on whom you ask... Women said Batman. Men said Superman.
Batman and Robin are the best superhero BFFs.
- More than half of people surveyed (53%) said Batman and Robin are their favorite superhero friends.
- 19% said The Thing and Human Torch are their fave friend duo, 16% prefer Green Hornet and Kato, and 12% said the Wonder Twins make the best squad.
Immortality is the most wished for superpower.
- When asked which superpower they wish they had, 1 out of 3 people surveyed said immortality.
- 29% said the ability to fly, 22% said superhuman strength and 17% said superspeed.
The Batmobile is the best superhero ride.
- 49% of people surveyed said they would pick the Batmobile if they could have any superhero vehicle.
- 20% would choose Wonder Woman's Invisible Plane, 20% would prefer the X-Men's Blackbird and 12% would pick The Green Hornet's Black Beauty.
A mask is a must-have superhero accessory.
- 57% of people surveyed said a mask is the most important superhero accessory, 19% said a cape, 14% said a ring, and 10% said a cool belt.
Nearly 80% of people want to be a superhero in real life. Here's what it takes…
- 44% of people surveyed said selflessness, 37% said no fear, 11% said technology and 8% said money.
Over the past year, SKOUT has leveraged its virtual gift feature multiple times to provide opportunities for its community to be real life superheroes for people, pets and organizations in need. More than 400,000 virtual gifts designated to support charitable causes have been given for free with the SKOUT app, and for each of those virtual gifts given, SKOUT has made a financial contribution to organizations including the SF-Marin Food Bank, Muttville and Cat Town. Skout's efforts have driven national awareness for important causes and have helped serve more than 30,000 people facing hunger in the San Francisco-Marin area, have delivered wellness exams for senior dogs and have covered the cost of adoption for cats.
To view more survey results and an infographic, please visit the SKOUT Blog. SKOUT conducted its superhero survey online between March 20-24, 2016, among 4,171 of its users who reside in the U.S.
To download SKOUT for iOS, Android, or Windows, or to sign up online, visit www.skout.com. You can also find SKOUT on Facebook and Twitter.
SKOUT is the largest global platform for meeting new people and expanding your social circle. The SKOUT community spans more than 180 countries and is available in 16 languages. SKOUT is dedicated to providing a platform through which people can easily and safely connect. The Andreessen Horowitz backed company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in San Francisco. Visit skout.com to learn more.
About Make-A-Wish® Greater Bay Area
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. In 2016 Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area celebrates 32 years fulfilling magical wishes. During its first year of operation, in 1984, the chapter granted 27 wishes. Now one of the largest chapters nationwide, the Greater Bay Area grants over 370 wishes per year and has granted over 7,200 wishes to date. The chapter covers 17 Northern California counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Napa, Marin, Monterey, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara, Siskiyou, Solano and Sonoma. The goal of Make-A-Wish is to grant a wish to every eligible child in its territory. Anyone can suggest a child for a wish. For more information or to refer a child for a wish, please call 415/982-9474 or visit www.SF.Wish.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/skout-celebrates-real-life-superheroes-on-national-superhero-day-april-28-300258178.html