TORONTO, Sept. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Skylink Group, a leading provider of connected home safety solutions, today announced its compatibility with IFTTT. The new function allows homeowners to connect the SkylinkNet Alarm System Kit to other industry leading connected home accessories including Amazon Echo, Nest® Cam™, WeMo®, and Phillips Hue. Homeowners can also run recipes for functions unrelated to other smart devices, bringing advance functionality to the SkylinkNet Alarm System Kit.
SkylinkNet& IFTTT Recipes
- Turn Philips Hue to Red when SkylinkNet is in Panic (Alarm)
- Use Amazon Echo to set your SkylinkNet alarm system to Arm Away
- If motion sensor is activated, turn on Wemo® light switch
- When you leave home with smartphone, set SkylinkNet to Arm Away
- If Nest® Cam™detects motion, turn on SkylinkNet lamp
- Create an event log on Google Drive for all related events
- When SkylinkNet Hub is in specific mode, send an email notification
- Arm/Disarm SkylinkNet with a push of a button
"Homes have become much smarter and we are offering our customers new ways to make them even more intelligent," says Gallen Tsui, President, Skylink. "Our system provides homeowners with a more hands on experience of keeping their families safe, while cutting costs on monitoring fees, and with the introduction of the IFTTT functionality they will be exposed to other facets of the smart home."
IFTTT is changing the way people interact with technology by helping them get the most out of their favorite products and services through recipes. Recipes are simple connections between products and apps. There are two types of Recipes: DO Recipes and IF Recipes. DO Recipes run with just a tap and enable you to create your own personalized Button, Camera, and Notepad. IF Recipes run automatically in the background.Create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that.
SkylinkNetAlarm System Kit Features
- Controlled by an Internet Hub and includes a motion sensor, keychain remote, 2 door or window sensors and added video monitoring features
- Affordable home alarm system with no monthly fees or long-term contracts
- Works with up to 100 wireless sensors and controllers and 10 wireless cameras
- Smart phone App allows users to track all recent sensor activations and notifies them who has armed and disarmed the system and at what time
- App allows up to 6 users to monitor one or various locations at the same time
Pricing & Availability
For more information about Skylink or to view their entire product line, visit www.skylinkhome.com.
Since 1990, Skylink has been providing homeowners with innovative DIY home control solutions that create a safe and comfortable environment for families. Whether a homeowner is looking for an innovative security system or garage door opener, Skylink's home solution kits cater to the needs of all families. Their commitment and passion for innovation has led them to integrate wireless technology into their line of DIY products. Skylink's products are available for purchase at several retail locations, including Amazon, Sears, Home Depot, and Skylink.com, and are available in the United States, Canada, and Hong Kong.
This content was issued through the press release distribution service at Newswire.com. For more info visit: http://www.newswire.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/skylink-announces-ifttt-compatibility-with-connected-home-accessories-300321375.html
SOURCE Skylink Group