SEATTLE, Feb. 11, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Skytap, Inc., the innovator in cloud services for application modernization, announces that they will be presenting solutions for software development, testing and delivery environments during IBM InterConnect 2016, February 21-26 in Las Vegas. Skytap will demonstrate in a series of sessions how to help enterprises eliminate constraints from the software lifecycle and accelerate the adoption of DevOps practices.
"IBM and Skytap solutions, when applied together, can accelerate enterprise software delivery dramatically, from code commit to production," said Brad Schick, CTO, Skytap. "Joint customers get the benefit of a cloud service specifically geared toward the needs of enterprise applications, including those traditional applications they're looking to modernize."
Customers using a combination of Skytap's public cloud environments, IBM UrbanCode solutions for application delivery, and IBM Cloud for deployment can expect to achieve faster software delivery, earlier and more effective testing, and a significant reduction in IT setup times and configuration costs for production-ready software environments.
IBM InterConnect 2016 attendees can learn more about cloud-based software delivery and deployment from Skytap executives and technical experts during the following event sessions:
- DevOps for Bi-Modal IT: A Panel Discussion with Brad Schick, CTO, Skytap, on Feb. 23 @ 4:00 p.m. in Mandalay Bay South
- How Skytap Uses IBM SoftLayer to Quickly Deploy New Data Centers and Handle Capacity Demands with Paul Farrall, VP of IT operations, Skytap, on Feb. 24 @ 8:30 a.m. in Mandalay Bay South
- IBM Development and Test Environment Services (IDTES) Hands-on Lab with Brian White, VP products, Skytap, and Ralph Capasso, cloud solutions architect, Skytap, on Feb. 24 @ 2:30 p.m. in MGM Grand Room 308
- Evolving Traditional Applications to Containers Using IDTES with Brad Schick, CTO, Skytap, on Feb. 24 @ 3:45 p.m. in Mandalay Ballroom D
Attendees can learn more about Skytap Cloud environments for delivering application modernization, DevOps and virtual software training labs in the Skytap booth (#556) on the InterConnect 2016 expo floor.
Skytap cloud environment services are available now via the IBM Cloud Marketplace in both On-Demand and Always-On editions, under the name IBM Development and Test Environment Services, or "IDTES." To read more about how Skytap and IBM solutions work better together please visit:
- Skytap and IBM UrbanCode Deploy: https://www.skytap.com/capabilities/pre-built-integrations/skytap-ibm-rational-urbancode/
- Skytap and IBM Infrastructure: https://www.skytap.com/capabilities/infrastructure-options/skytap-ibm-softlayer/
About Skytap, Inc.
Skytap is a public cloud provider that extends enterprise Cloud and DevOps strategies to traditional on-premises applications. Skytap uniquely supports application modernization with production-ready development, software testing and training environments that work the same way as an on-premises data center. Skytap packages servers, VMs, networks, data and configurations into environments that can be provisioned, cloned, suspended and shared around the world with a single click. To try Skytap and learn more, visit www.skytap.com.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
Skytap Press Contact:
Barokas Public Relations
SOURCE Skytap, Inc.