SlimCleaner 2.0 Software Gives Consumers More User-Generated Data to Clean, Speed Up and Optimize Their Computer SlimCleaner 2.0 Features Software Recommendations, Like and Dislike Options, a Registry Cleaner and Enhanced "More Info" Dialogs About Popular Apps
OCEAN SPRINGS, Miss., Dec. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- SlimWare Utilities today announced SlimCleaner 2.0, the newest version of the company's award-winning, community-based software for making personal computers faster, cleaner and more fully optimized.
Available for free download at www.slimcleaner.com, SlimCleaner 2.0 lets users participate in community-based activity from directly inside the application, rather than linking to the software's website. Users can rate popular software applications and comment on the ratings of others without leaving the software tool. In addition, SlimCleaner 2.0 offers customized suggestions for alternate software applications, and, for the first time, a registry cleaner.
"We've greatly expanded the level of detail we provide inside SlimCleaner about the various applications and items on a consumer's PC. There's more user feedback about why people like or dislike certain apps, and users can vote on the community's reasons," said Chris Cope, CEO of SlimWare Utilities. "We've taken the detail that existed on our website and moved it directly into the SlimCleaner 2.0 tool itself for a richer, more interactive and integrated experience."
Crowd-sourced and cloud-based, SlimCleaner 2.0 combines a powerful PC cleaning engine with a community of users who provide real-time feedback about the apps and items on a PC, to help others improve their own computer's performance. SlimCleaner uses "authoritative ranking" to ensure that users' ratings are accurate and that they reflect what the community as a whole really thinks. SlimCleaner weighs the ratings of each contributor against that person's previous levels of accuracy, as well as against the ratings of other high-ranking users. In this way, consumers see the descriptions and community ratings for the items on their PC, and they can adjust settings to optimize their machine accordingly.
"We use social networking and community-sourced feedback to tell people what's on their machine, and what to do about it. It's like having an army of tech-savvy geeks helping you maintain your computer," Cope said.
New in SlimCleaner 2.0:
- Customized Suggestions for Consumer Software Alternatives
- Community-based Ratings Inside SlimCleaner
- "Liking" and "Disliking" User Comments
- Registry Cleaner
- Enhanced User Interface
SlimCleaner Standard Features:
- Cleaning: The industry's fastest, most robust engine for analyzing and cleaning unneeded files that slow down a PC.
- Optimization: The world's first cloud-based optimization engine that allows users to adjust startups and services that impact PC performance, using community-powered feedback.
- SlimWare AV Cloud Access: Lets users scan startup vectors for viruses and view results based on multiple antivirus engines.
- "More Info" Dialogs: Dialog boxes that give detailed information about what an item on a PC does and how the community views it, including peer reviews, "what should I do?" and comments from other users.
- Granular Controls: Adjustable filters let users identify unneeded software and startups in seconds.
- Badges: In addition to a personalized Wall, registered users earn badges and rewards based on various factors, such as accuracy of their ratings. The Wall contains users' personal profiles, ratings' history, comments and trust network – whom they trust and who trusts them.
- Uninstaller: The first community-powered uninstaller with access to SlimWare Utilities' community feedback, reviews and comments.
- Shredder: Removes items with up to 35 overwrite passes.
- Hijack Log: Scans for startup items, toolbars, BHOs, ActiveX controls, browser plug-ins and other third-party or malicious items that can "hijack" or modify a system, as well as direct access to SlimWare's cloud of antivirus scanners, or alternatively, VirusTotal, using the VirusTotal public API.
- Windows Tools: Conveniently organizes system tools and settings in one easy interface.
- 100% Portable: Make USB copies of SlimCleaner onto flash drives directly from the application. SlimCleaner retains its cloud data in a proprietary database format, which gives users offline access to many of SlimCleaner's commonly used features.
SlimCleaner is the flagship product in a suite of PC utility software from SlimWare Utilities, makers of SlimComputer and SlimDrivers. For more information about SlimCleaner, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
About SlimWare Utilities
SlimWare Utilities automates the solutions to the world's computer problems. Headquartered near Biloxi, Mississippi, SlimWare Utilities' cloud-based, crowd-sourced software provides consumers with personalized applications developed from the community input of IT users everywhere. For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
SOURCE SlimWare Utilities