SlimWare Utilities Launches Cloud-Based Software for Updating Computer Drivers SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate Automatically Improve PC Performance by Updating and Maintaining the Software that Communicates with Printers, Scanners and other Hardware Devices
D'IBERVILLE, Miss., Dec. 6, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- SlimWare Utilities, provider of high-performance computer maintenance solutions, today announced SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate, the industry's first cloud-based software for updating and maintaining the software that powers communications between an operating system and its computer hardware, commonly called "drivers." SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate improve PC performance by repairing and updating the drivers between a computer and its printers, scanners, digital cameras, sound cards, video cards, Bluetooth devices and other peripherals.
Both products are available for download at http://www.driverupdate.net.
SlimDrivers is a free application. DriverUpdate is a premium, fully automated upgrade that's available for $29.97 for a one-year subscription.
Impact on Printers, Scanners and Other PC Hardware Components
Drivers are the software applications that allow an operating system to communicate with the hardware attached to it, such as printers, scanners, modems, digital cameras, sound cards and other peripheral devices. Driver software is like a translator, helping a computer communicate with its hardware and telling the hardware how to work. Like any software, driver programs need to be updated to fix bugs and resolve conflicts that can develop over time. Updating drivers can dramatically improve a PC's entire system performance, including making the hardware and peripherals function better.
- SlimDrivers detects what devices need to be updated and identifies all the proper executables, helping consumers to find and download the correct drivers for their system.
- DriverUpdate, the premium, fully automated upgrade, goes a step further to actually start the installation process for multiple drivers automatically, allowing consumers to update all their drivers software simultaneously in an easy, sequential process. DriverUpdate provides an easy experience for busy consumers, while SlimDrivers provides a more self-directed experience for tech-savvy IT users.
"Our driver updating software removes the frustration consumers feel from slow-moving or malfunctioning computer hardware," said Chris Cope, CEO of SlimWare Utilities, Inc. "SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate prevent device errors by providing an overview of a PC's hardware, flagging for updates and, in the case of DriverUpdate, automatically starting the install process for multiple drivers simultaneously. Because we're cloud-based, our system provides the most up-to-date driver for your specific system."
Both products update driver software for all popular computer device brands, including Acer, Brother, Canon, Compaq, Dell, Hewlett Packard, LG, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sony, and many others.
Cope noted that DriverUpdate is great for online gamers because manufacturers of graphics and sound cards regularly distribute updates that enhance the performance of their products. SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate give gamers the benefit of automatic installation for the correct, most current graphic and sound card updates.
Cloud-based Product Enhancements
First launched as a public beta at the Black Hat Conference in July, SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate are coming to market now with cloud-based upgrades that improve the product's ability to identify the best, most compatible driver software for a PC. Using a cloud database gives SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate access in real-time to the most current software driver updates.
With cloud technology, SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate use crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. In addition, they both implement the latest developments in analysis technology, coordinating checks with the Windows Device Manager, Windows System Manager and Windows Update Online.
SlimDrivers and DriverUpdate Key Attributes:
- Identifies when a driver needs updating and identifies the proper executable for a system.
- DriverUpdate only: starts the driver install automatically for multiple drivers, simultaneously downloading and installing them in correct sequence.
- Provides the best communication and function for sound cards, printers, video, motherboards, Webcams, Bluetooth devices, flip video devices, Smartphones, USB drives, routers, Windows and other peripherals and operating systems.
- Optimizes the interaction between software and hardware, making applications and devices run faster and minimizing system errors, freezes and crashes.
- Updates common software such as Adobe and Java.
- Updates Windows, keeping systems free of security issues caused by out-of-date software.
- Installs missing software for components and updates existing drivers and software.
- Protects a system with back-up and restore features that safeguard data and allow for recovering of previous drivers or settings.
For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
About SlimWare Utilities
SlimWare Utilities uses cloud-based technology and community-based input to develop software and services that clean, repair, stabilize and optimize personal computers and other Internet devices. By providing products that improve performance, establish connections and increase efficiencies among consumers' Internet devices, SlimWare Utilities improves how consumers manage and interact with their data – whether on their PC, tablet or mobile device. SlimWare Utilities products organize data and establish smoother, faster compatibility between operating systems and devices to help make all of a consumer's computing functions run better, faster and more effectively. Headquartered near Biloxi, Mississippi, SlimWare Utilities' cloud-based, crowd-sourced software provides consumers with personalized applications developed from the community input of IT users everywhere. For more information, please visit www.slimwareutilities.com.
SOURCE SlimWare Utilities