Small Cells to Dominate 4G Mobile Network Deployment
More than 35 million consumer femtocells and 100 million other small cells to create a heterogeneous network
CAMPBELL, Calif., Jan. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- A new report released today by Mobile Experts predicts a 3000% rise in small-cell deployment for mobile data networks. "The good old days of Tower and Power are ending," said Joe Madden, Principal Analyst at Mobile Experts. "Mobile data has moved indoors, and the network is moving indoors as a result. We will see dramatic growth in femtocells, picocells, and DAS networks, as well as ongoing strength in microcells and repeaters. Relays will also be entering the market, adding a new dimension to the HetNet."
"We have interviewed over 25 different mobile operators to understand the regional preferences of operators worldwide," explained Mr. Madden. "It's clear that mobile operators will continue to maintain control over most of their network assets. For example, we are now forecasting that in 2016 less than half of the small cells deployed will be owned by consumers."
The new report can be found at http://www.mobile-experts.net, and provides:
- A broad overview of the market drivers which are pushing mobile operators toward new architectures;
- Technical analysis of the rationale for each equipment type;
- Detailed and comprehensive analysis of:
- Indoor DAS
- Outdoor DAS
- Satellite backhaul for mobile access nodes
- Forecast spreadsheets are also available with analysis of multiple segments:
- By frequency band;
- By air interface standard;
- By power level;
- By network architecture, Iuh and IMS/SIP vs. Iub;
- By architecture, multimode vs. single mode;
- Consumer vs. enterprise vs. mobile operator deployment;
- By world region
- The report includes profiles on more than 30 semiconductor and small-cell suppliers.
About Mobile Experts LLC:
Mobile Experts provides insightful market analysis for the mobile infrastructure and mobile handset markets. Research topics center on technology introduction for radio frequency (RF) and communications innovation. Recent publications focus on Multi-Standard Radio Base Stations, Semiconductors for Remote Radio Heads, Outdoor DAS, In-Building Wireless, and Antenna Technology for MIMO systems.
SOURCE Mobile Experts LLC
More by this Source
Mobile Experts Predicts 80% Growth in Semiconductors for Small Cells During 2015
Dec 05, 2013, 08:30 ET
Beamsteered Antennas: 500,000 Units This Year
Nov 12, 2013, 08:40 ET
Over 16 Million DAS Nodes to be Deployed Through 2018
Sep 25, 2013, 08:35 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.