Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative Celebrates One Year Anniversary
Accomplishments include membership growth, new director and major research contributions
ATLANTA, March 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative, the non-profit brainchild of a group of industry and consumer leaders looking to advance the modernization of the US electrical grid by facilitating cooperation among all stakeholders, marks its first birthday this month by reflecting on the year's accomplishments. Achievements include:
- Rapid, diverse membership growth to 65 organizations including:
- Accenture, Google, IBM, Oracle, Environmental Defense Fund, Future of Privacy Forum, Ohio Partners for Affordable Energy, Ohio Consumers' Counsel, Kansas City Power & Light, Arizona Public Service Co., Michigan Public Service Commission, Enmax Corp., Georgia Institute of Technology, and more.
- Permanent executive director selected. Former Georgia Tech and Sierra Club leader Patty Durand joins the SGCC in January 2011.
- First annual SGCC Symposium in January 2011 attended by more than 175 engineers, executives, and researchers.
- Hosted an influential Department of Energy-led brainstorming session for SGCC members on smart grid priorities and messaging needs in February 2011.
- Published State of the Smart Grid Consumer Report, the most definitive meta-analysis of consumer viewpoints to date, in February 2011.
- Released results of focus groups conducted on consumer outlook, also in February 2011.
- Executive Director Patty Durand addressed the 2011 National Electricity Forum, sponsored by NARUC, in February 2011.
- Explored the concept of a smart grid rallying symbol with a series of pro bono Think Ins led by Frog Design.
- Upgraded the SGCC website to share research, discussion, and best practices.
"We're excited to continue the momentum in 2011," said Executive Director Patty Durand. "SGCC's second year goals include basic educational pieces to address consumer concerns and describe smart grid benefits, best practice guidelines, and research which delves further into consumer segmentation and captures learning from pilots."
About the Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative (SGCC)
The SGCC is a consumer focused non-profit organization aiming to promote the understanding and benefits of modernized electrical systems among all stakeholders in the United States. Membership is open to all consumer and environmental advocates, technology vendors, research scientists, and electric utilities for sharing in research, best practices, and collaborative efforts of the group. Join @ www.smartgridcc.org.
The McDonnell Group, Inc.
SOURCE Smart Grid Consumer Collaborative
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.