DALLAS, September 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
ReportsnReports.com adds "Cyber Security in Smart Grid - Market Size, Key Issues, Regulations and Outlook to 2020" and "Electrical Energy Storage Technology and its Use Within the Intelligent Grid" to its store.
A new research expects the smart grid cyber security market to exhibit huge growth before the end of the decade, climbing from a global value of $7.8 billion in 2011 to $79 billion in 2020. By enabling more efficient transmission and distribution of electricity, smart grids are rapidly gaining popularity around the world. However, concerns are growing that the two-way flow of information the technology involves threatens privacy and could potentially compromise personal data, says this new research report by energy industry experts GlobalData.
The latest report on smart grid cyber security market states that while governments worldwide prepare to spend billions on securing smart grid infrastructure from external threats, large portions of the global community are fighting the potential harvest and dissemination of personal information by utility companies and other organizations.
Data collected through various smart grid technologies such as smart meters and smart appliances helps utilities to understand their consumers' electricity consumption patterns. Based on these patterns, companies can plan their generation, provide more effective services, and also reduce peak-hour demand or load by forming suitable demand-response programs.
Worries for data privacy arise when the data collected from smart grid technologies is used to analyze the personal habits, lifestyle and behavior of consumers, beyond providing them with efficient electricity services.
In the US, a lack of clarity about the ownership and responsibility over energy consumption data has raised concerns among the population about data safety, whereas in 2009 large scale consumer group protests in the Netherlands forced the Dutch government to back down from plans to enforce the mandatory installation of smart meters in all households.
Canada is one of the few smart grid markets to recognize the significance of consumer data privacy to its citizens, creating a set of guidelines in the 1990s known as Privacy by Design in the 1990s. This has prompted major utilities in Canada to incorporate security features into their smart grid systems.
Scope of the report "Cyber Security in Smart Grid - Market Size, Key Issues, Regulations and Outlook to 2020" includes:
- Market size and forecasts of the global and key smart grid cyber security markets
- Key geographies including the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands and China
- Annualized market revenue data from 2011 to 2020.
- Key industry metrics such as growth drivers and restraints
- Competitive Scenario Analysis for players in the smart grid cyber security industry with profiles of companies such as Cisco Systems, Inc., International Business Machines Corporation, N-Dimension Solutions Inc., SAIC, Inc., Symantec Corporation, NXP Semiconductors N.V., S&C Electric Company and Waterfall Security Solutions Ltd.
- Regulatory framework - Policies and standards governing the market
Pre-Order your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/192512-cyber-security-in-smart-grid-market-size-key-issues-regulations-and-outlook-to-2020.html.
The US Energy Information Administration (EIA) expects overall global energy consumption to increase by 47% between 2010 and 2035, with China and India ttogether accounting for half of the growth. This is increasingly presenting a major problem to power suppliers around the world as electrical energy infrastructures in most countries are antiquated, wasteful, and unable to cope with rising demand.
Highlights of the report on Electrical Energy Storage Technology and its Use Within the Intelligent Grid include:
- The problem of the intermittent delivery patterns of green energy technology can be solved by storing up power generated during off-peak periods for dispersal at times of greater need. However, the best means of storing energy remains a matter for debate with no definitive one-size-fits-all solution yet established as an industry standard.
- The European utility-scale battery market was valued at $126.4m in terms of revenue in 2010 and could be worth as much as $564.9m by 2015. With renewable energy investment increasing rapidly, the demand for battery storage is expected to rise as well.
- Along with compressed air energy storage, pumped storage offers the least expensive form of energy storage, with a 1,000MW project costing about $1,500/KW to $2,500/KW, according to the National Hydropower Association in Washington, DC.
Your key questions answered
- What are the major smart grid projects and what challenges have they encountered?
- What are the different types of battery storage technology available and what are their pros/cons?
- What innovations in battery technology still need to take place before they can be used at utility-scale?
- To what extent is the renewable energy sector influencing change in electrical energy distribution?
- What is the future outlook for smart grid uptake?
Buy your copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/192271-electrical-energy-storage-technology-and-its-use-within-the-intelligent-grid.html.
Find newly published market research reports for other industries @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/latest-market-research.aspx.
ReportsnReports.com (http://www.reportsnreports.com/) is an online market research reports library of 200,000+ in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.
TX, Dallas North - Dominion Plaza,
17304, Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas 75252
Explore Company Profiles, SWOT Analysis Reports, Micro Markets & Country specific reports @ http://www.marketreportsonline.com/.