LONDON, Feb. 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The Netherlands has the second largest market for smoking tobacco in Western Europe after Germany, with more than 6,500 tonnes consumed in 2014, although in per capita terms it is by far the largest market. The cigarette tobacco sector, having seen a continuous decline in year-on-year volumes since 2002, remains dominant, accounting for 99.8% of the smoking tobacco consumed, with over 8,200 tonnes sold in 2014. Although down on 2012 this is still equivalent to almost 385g per head in 2014.
- The Dutch market for smoking tobacco has been experiencing declining demand in recent years due to increasing taxation and prices, and a general decline in tobacco consumption
- Economy remains a primary motivation for smoking either type of cigarette tobacco, and accounts for the launch of value brands onto the market. Taste is another concern for the roll-your-own smoker
- Imports of smoking tobacco initially fell back during the 1990s before showing a recovery from 2001, which has largely continued since. By 2012 imports had grown to over 8,600 tonnes
- Smoking tobacco exports have increased almost consistently year-on-year since 2003 and by the end of 2011 stood at almost 42,800 tonnes. However, the period since 2011 has seen a reversal in exports
- The past two decades have seen a steady contraction in the volume of the combined FCT/factory-made cigarette market, in line with a decline in the number of male and female smokers in the Netherlands. This is expected to continue into the future, albeit slowly
"Smoking Tobacco in the Netherlands", is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dutch market.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers' product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the Dutch marker is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3612245/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48