Sneak Preview: Celebrity Chefs Share Secret Recipes Ahead Of 3rd Annual Flavor! Napa Valley® Festival
NAPA VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As another ideal harvest winds down, the Napa Valley's farmers and vintners are raving about the quality of wines resting in tanks and barrels. Meanwhile, area chefs are developing new seasonal menus to be showcased alongside Napa Valley wines at the third annual Flavor! Napa Valley, November 20-24.
To whet appetites in advance of Flavor!, five of the many celebrated chefs participating in this year's festivities have teamed up to share a selection of seasonal harvest recipes.
Click here to view and download Flavor! Napa Valley® recipes.
- Michael Chiarello, Esquire Magazine's 2013 Chef of the Year, owner of Napa Valley restaurant Bottega, CIA graduate and Flavor! founding chef has provided the recipe for his Grilled Short Rib Meatballs with Sicilian Heirloom Tomato Sauce and House-made Ricotta.
- Roy Choi, another heralded CIA graduate and creator of the Los Angeles culinary destinations Kogi BBQ, Chego, Frame and Sunny Spot offers his version of the grilled Korean Kalbi Plate.
- Scott Conant, graduate of the CIA, and chef-owner of the Scarpetta restaurants in New York, Las Vegas, Miami, Toronto and Beverly Hills, shares his take on Black Truffle Risotto.
- Christopher Kostow, Michelin three-star chef at The Restaurant at Meadowood Napa Valley, offers his Guinea Hen Baked in Salt and Herbs.
- Cindy Pawlcyn, celebrating 30 years of culinary mastery in the Napa Valley and owner of three favorite valley restaurants – Mustards Grill, Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen and Cindy Pawlcyn's Wood Grill and Wine Bar - shares the secrets to making her Mongolian Pork Chops.
Festival attendees will have the opportunity to meet with these culinary visionaries and more than 30 others this November, but until then the Flavor! 2013 recipes are available for free download at FlavorNapaValley.com.
About Flavor! Napa Valley®
The five-day Flavor! Napa Valley™ Celebration of Wine, Food & Fun is an annual event featuring world-class Napa Valley wines alongside Napa Valley's master chefs and graduates of The Culinary Institute of America. Net proceeds from the event support programs and scholarships at The Culinary Institute of America's Greystone Campus in St. Helena. The event is hosted by founding sponsors Silverado Resort and Spa and Dolce Hotels and Resorts, in partnership with Visit Napa Valley, The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone and the Napa Valley Vintners, and is produced by Karlitz & Company. For more details on the festival, including where to stay, please visit flavornapavalley.com. Additionally, visit us on Facebook at facebook.com/FlavorNapaValley, and follow @FlavorNapa on Twitter.
Visit Napa Valley
SOURCE Napa Valley