SocialRadar's App for iPhone Gives You Real-time Information About the People Around You Innovative Social App Now Available Exclusively on the App Store
WASHINGTON, Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Released today, SocialRadar is an innovative app for iPhone and iPod touch that gives you real-time information about the people around you. SocialRadar combines real-time social network information with geo-location data in an app that is easy and fun to use. When you walk into a room, enter a restaurant, attend a conference, or go to an event, SocialRadar tells you who is there, how you are connected to them and what they have been up to.
The SocialRadar App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone at www.AppStore.com/SocialRadar.
SocialRadar unlocks the location information from your iPhone, listening to your social network chatter to deliver the important and relevant information you need about the people around you. And it does so while giving you full control over your privacy, enabling you to share information publicly, with friends only, anonymously, or be entirely invisible.
The underlying technology works by merging data from all of the top social networks, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Foursquare and Google+ with live location information from your iPhone to empower people to make smarter real-world connections.
"In five years, there will be 5.6 billion people around the globe using smartphones who can broadcast their locations and today 3.9 billion people have social profiles online." said Michael Chasen, chief executive officer and founder of SocialRadar. "Our vision was to create technology that combines the location and the power of social networks, empowering people to walk into a room and be aware of the people and connections around them."
How People Use SocialRadar
- Get actionable social intelligence. With SocialRadar, you can walk into a room or attend an event and recognize that there are 20 people near you whom you know - six work colleagues, four people from your college, two old high school friends, someone who plays tennis, and seven friends-of-friends. It will tell you that one of your friends recently just moved to town and another just got a new job - and that job is at a place where you are also applying to work.
- See where your friends are. When you are looking to go out in the evening, you can open SocialRadar to see the places where your friends are hanging out. You can use the map to locate large groups of people and then use the Radar Range, SocialRadar's proprietary location technology, to find your friend at a party.
- Meet new people. SocialRadar helps you meet people with common backgrounds, such as the same former employer, philanthropic causes, hobbies or interests. In a new city, it's natural to have social anxiety. SocialRadar is a portable icebreaker, empowering you to make connections with people in an unfamiliar place. You can even be alerted, if you choose, when those who share your interests are close by.
- Remember the name, not just the face (with a little help). At a business lunch, you may not remember how you know someone across the table that you are sure you have met before. SocialRadar can remind you, as well as pull relevant social network data on that person. You no longer have to pretend that you remember that person; rather, you can now wow them with relevant topics that spark interesting conversation and demonstrate that you've been keeping up with what's been happening to that individual.
- Network like never before. At a tradeshow like CES or SXSW, you want to connect with people who have similar interests, but it is hard to know who is there. SocialRadar illuminates connections in the room and guides you to that one person with whom you have been dying to network.
SocialRadar is building technology that gives you real-time information on the people around you. Developing leading-edge technologies in the social location space, SocialRadar created an innovative technology platform for iOS, Google Glass and Android applications that will fundamentally change the way people connect online and in the real world.
Based in Washington, DC, SocialRadar was founded by Michael Chasen, the co-founder and former chief executive officer of Blackboard, Inc. During Chasen's 15-year leadership tenure, he grew Blackboard to be a global leader in education technology, serving over 30,000 institutions worldwide and over 30M users. Chasen took Blackboard public in 2004 and then sold it to Providence Equity Partners in 2011 for $1.7B.
Video with caption: "Mastering Your Social Life: A quick demo of SocialRadar." Video available at: http://youtu.be/zR7v97jWkp8
Image with caption: "SocialRadar's App Gives You Real-time Information About the People Around You." Image available at: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140130/PH55782