LONDON, Nov. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The software defined radio market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.39%"
The software defined radio market is estimated to be USD 16.24 billion in 2016, and is projected to reach USD 29.12 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 12.39% between 2016 and 2021. Demand for advanced communication systems to replace legacy equipment, network interoperability, compatibility of devices with future standards, universal connectivity, and reduced cost of end products and services are some the major factors driving the software defined radio market.
However, high development cost and integration issues have been restraining the market growth.
"Defense segment to account for the dominant share in the software defined radio market"
The defense segment dominates the software defined radio market. The global defense forces are investing heavily in new technologies to modernize their forces and determine the best technology that offers exceptional performance in the long run with lesser development cost.
"G7 Nations accounted for a dominant share, whereas BRICS is the fastest-growing regional market for software defined radio"
G7 Nations dominates the software defined radio market. The market in the region is mainly driven by the increasing demand for SDR across various sectors, such as military, public safety, and commercial. BRICS is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the software defined radio market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the growing global demand for military equipment, which is boosting the investments related to the retooling of the existing processes and expanding the technical capacities of the SDR market, particularly in Asia.
Break-up of profile of primary participants for this report:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 35%, Tier 2 – 45% and Tier 3 – 20% - By Designation: C level – 35%, Director level – 25%, Others – 40% - By Region: North America - 45%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, RoW – 5%
Key players profiled in the software defined radio market report include Northrop Grumman Corporation (U.S.), BAE Systems Plc. (U.K.), Elbit Systems Ltd (Israel), Thales Group (France), and L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (U.S.), among others.
The study segments the software defined radio market on the basis of application (defense, commercial, and homeland security), component (transmitter, receiver, and software), type (JTRS, cognitive/intelligent radio, TETRA), end user (military, telecommunication, transportation) and map these segments and subsegments across major regions worldwide, namely, G7 Nations, BRICS, and RoW (Rest of the World). The report provides in-depth market intelligence regarding market dynamics and major factors that influence the growth of the global software defined radio market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges), along with analyzing micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the software defined radio market.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the software defined radio market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on software defined radio offered by the top players in the global software defined radio market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the software defined radio market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the markets for software defined radio across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global software defined radio market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global SDR market
Download the full report:
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information: Sarah Smith Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 208 816 85 48 Website:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/software-defined-radio-market-by-application-component-end-user-type---global-forecast-to-2021-300368428.html