Solar Demand Outlook: Europe - Applications, Regional Demand Drivers, Incentive Programs, and Market Forecasts
NEW YORK, Jan. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
In 2009, the market in Europe for photovoltaic technology accounted for 83% of global demand. In 2010, Europe's share of global demand decreased by 3 percentage points to 80%, and in 2011, Europe's share fell 17 percentage points to 63%. While this trend can be attributed in part to rapid demand growth in other parts of the world, the fact is that growth in the world's largest market for solar power components has stagnated.
Growth in the region has traditionally been driven by the feed-in tariff (FIT) incentive. In more recent years, European countries with FITs have undergone abrupt changes to the rules and the tariff rates. These shifts have shaken investor confidence and driven down internal rates of return. Changes to the amount of electricity that would be reimbursed in Spain, for example, along with the abrupt cessation of that country's incentive in 2011, have shown clearly that the FIT is an unreliable instrument. Navigant Consulting forecasts that, under a conservative scenario, solar demand in Europe will reach just over 11 GW in 2014.
This report examines the market for solar technologies across Europe, focusing on applications, demand drivers, and government incentive programs. Forecasts are included for regional demand growth, segmented by country, under conservative, accelerated, and reduced incentives scenarios. In addition, the market is segmented by application for the region as a whole and for each country.
Key Questions Addressed:
• What are the forecasts for solar power demand in Europe, under conservative, accelerated, and reduced incentive scenarios?
• In which countries will demand growth be strongest?
• What is the future of FIT programs in Europe?
• Which solar power applications will grow the fastest in Europe in the next 2 years?
• What are the specific forecasts for demand growth in each European country?
• How will macroeconomic factors affect the growth of the solar power industry in Europe going forward?
Who needs this report?
• Solar technology developers
• Solar power component manufacturers
• Solar PV installers and project developers
• Utilities and grid operators
• Government agencies and policymakers
• Investor community
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
1.2 European Demand Growth
2.1 Application Overview
3.1.2 United Kingdom
3.1.5 Eastern Europe
4.1.1 History of EEG
7. Acronym and Abbreviation List
8. Table of Contents
9. Table of Charts and Figures
10. Assumptions, Notes
List of Charts and Figures
• Regional Demand Growth, Reduced Incentives, Conservative, and Accelerated Forecasts, Europe: 2010-2014
• Application Breakout, Europe: 2011
• Application Breakout, Germany: 2011
• Application Breakout, France: 2011
• Application Breakout, Italy: 2011
• 2020 Europe Renewable Energy Targets by Country
• Demand Growth, Germany: 2001-2011
List of Tables
• Major Photovoltaic Market Categories
• Market Share by Major Application, Historic and Forecasted Percentile Values 2001-2021
• Regional Application Breakout (1), Europe: 2010 (%)
• Regional Application Breakout (1), Europe: 2011 (%)
• Regional Growth (1)* Reduced Incentives, Conservative, and Accelerated, Europe: 2010-2014
• Greece Feed-in Tariff Programs
• Brussels, Flanders, and Wallonia Green Certificate Programs
• Bulgaria Feed-in Tariff Programs
• Average Electricity Prices, Germany: 2009-2011
• Feed-in Tariff Program, Germany: 2004-2007
• Feed-in Tariff Program, Germany: 2008-2015
• Feed-in Tariff Program, Germany: 2010-2011
• Feed-in Tariff Rates (1) (2) (3), Germany
• Average Electricity Rates, France: 2009-2011
• Feed-in Tariff Program, France
• Average Electricity Rates, Italy: 2009-2011
• Feed-in Tariff Program (1) (2), Italy: 2009-2011
• General Assumptions Used in the Analysis of Global Markets
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626
More by this Source
ICT procurement trends in Healthcare - Enterprise ICT investment plans
Dec 05, 2013, 07:57 ET
Global and China Laser Equipment and Processing Industry Report, 2013-2017
Dec 05, 2013, 07:53 ET
World Telecom Services - State-of-the-Art
Dec 05, 2013, 07:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.