STRATHAM, N.H., March 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Soleil Moon Frye, actress and mother, joins premium chocolatier Lindt USA to help launch the seventh Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction benefitting Autism Speaks, the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization. Since 2009, Lindt has raised funds and awareness for the cause during the Easter season through a give back with purchases of its iconic Lindt GOLD BUNNY, and the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction. Frye is one of 50 celebrities in the entertainment, sports, food and music industries – from Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Neil Patrick Harris, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Russell Wilson – are participating in this year's auction by autographing porcelain figures of Lindt GOLD BUNNY, with 100 percent of proceeds donated directly to Autism Speaks.
"Easter has always been a special time of year for my family, and now it's even more special as I join Lindt to help kick-off the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction," says Frye. "As a mom, I'm truly honored to work with Lindt to make a difference in the lives of families affected by autism. Whether bidding on celebrity autographs or putting a delicious Lindt GOLD BUNNY in your Easter basket, it's easy to get involved and give back this season."
Star-Studded Support for the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction
This year, 50 actors, award-winning musicians, acclaimed athletes and celebrity chefs have donated their signature to the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, personally signing porcelain versions of the iconic Lindt GOLD BUNNY. The autographed bunnies are now available on LindtGOLDBUNNYAuction.com, where fans can bid on the figures until March 20, 2016. The signed Lindt GOLD BUNNY figures in this year's auction are:
- Al Roker
- Allison Janney
- Allison Williams
- Andrew Zimmern
- Andy Grammer
- Blake Shelton
- Carson Daly
- Celine Dion
- Christina Milian
- CJ Ramone
- Connie Britton
- David Ortiz
- Drew Brees
- Ed Asner
- Evan Longoria
- Haylie Duff
- Hoda Kotb
- Ina Garten
- Jane Lynch
- Jennie Garth
- Jennifer Nettles
- Joe Mantegna
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Julie Bowen
- Karina Smirnoff
- Kathie Lee Gifford
- Kristen Wiig
- Kristin Chenoweth
- Kylie Jenner
- Marc-André Fleury
- Matt Lauer
- Mayim Bialik
- Michael Symon
- Natalie Morales
- Neil Patrick Harris
- Nick Lachey
- Nikki Reed
- Rachel Bloom
- Rachel Platten
- Rob Lowe
- Roger Federer
- Russell Wilson
- Sarah Jessica Parker
- Savannah Guthrie
- Scott Foley
- Soleil Moon Frye
- Susan Sarandon
- Terrence Jenkins
- Tom Bergeron
- Willie Geist
One Small Bunny, One Big Difference
In addition to the money raised through the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, Lindt is donating 10 cents to Autism Speaks for every Lindt GOLD BUNNY Milk Chocolate 3.5 oz purchased now through Easter on March 27, 2016, at retailers nationwide, Lindt Chocolate Shops and www.LindtUSA.com, up to $100,000. Since the start of the partnership, Lindt has generated more than $800,000 for Autism Speaks with help from Lindt GOLD BUNNY, the best-selling chocolate bunny in the U.S.1 Contributions from Lindt have led Autism Speaks to help individuals with autism and their families in a variety of ways, including global biomedical research into the causes, prevention and treatments for autism, educational toolkits for newly diagnosed families, grants for community programs, and scholarship funding to educational institutions.
"We are proud to raise awareness for Autism Speaks and help those affected by autism," says Thomas Linemayr, president and CEO of Lindt USA. "Lindt is grateful for the support of our customers and participation from the celebrity community, and we look forward to generating much needed funds for this important cause."
Celebrate Easter with Lindt
There are many ways to celebrate Easter with Lindt this season, from DIY projects featuring premium chocolate, to an exciting social media contest, and an opportunity to receive a complimentary Lindt GOLD BUNNY with purchase. First, in addition to Frye lending her signature and helping launch the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, she is also a passionate crafter and DIY enthusiast. She is sharing fun, easy-to-follow Easter tips to inspire families to get creative and spend quality time together on the Lindt Unwrapped Blog. Below are a few of her tips:
- "Making an Easter basket is one of my favorite things to do during the season. You can use fresh flowers and greens to give baskets a natural look. I try and focus on a theme my kids love to make them original. My two-year-old son Lyric is obsessed with trains, so I will probably plan a train-themed basket this year. Top your baskets with Lindt GOLD BUNNY for a playful presentation that not only looks beautiful, but also tastes delicious!
- Crafting is a huge part of my family's life, and Easter is the perfect time to get artistic with the kids. Look for ways to reuse and recycle, such as painting egg cartons – just bring out the paints and let their imaginations run wild! You can also reuse your egg cartons to make mini gardens for family and friends by easily adding soil, flowers and herbs.
- A classic Easter egg hunt is always memorable, no matter how big or small the space is. Remember, be as creative as possible! Mix up your eggs with different surprises, such as filling hollow eggs with sweet love notes to your kids or fun holiday stickers, and hide them along with LINDOR Milk Eggs that kids can fill their baskets with."
In addition to Frye's tips, the Lindt Unwrapped Blog features Easter basket "Lindtspiration" with unique ideas for themed baskets, and there's more opportunities below to celebrate Easter with Lindt all season long:
- Lindt GOLD BUNNY Gift: On March 11, 2016, chocolate lovers visiting Lindt Chocolate Shops around the country will receive a complimentary Lindt GOLD BUNNY with a $30 or more purchase, and those shopping at www.LindtUSA.com 2 will receive a complimentary Lindt GOLD BUNNY and 15 percent off their purchase of $30 or more.
- Chocolate Giveaways: Now through March 27, Lindt Chocolate USA Facebook fans can enter to win one of five chocolate prizes, valued at $50 each. Additionally, throughout the Easter season, Lindt will surprise consumers with giveaways on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Easter Inspiration: Those on Twitter can join Lindt for an Easter themed Twitter party on March 21, 2016 from 8–9 p.m. EST by following #LindtGOLDBUNNY. Easter tips and inspired ideas will be shared, including discussion around DIY crafts, recipes and décor.
Hop Into Spring with the Lindt Easter Collection
The Lindt Easter collection features signature products that offer the most premium chocolate taste experience. Whether building bountiful Easter baskets, decorating a beautiful table for Easter brunch, or hosting egg hunts, Lindt helps sweeten all Easter celebrations for memories that will last a lifetime.
The Star of the Season
Lindt GOLD BUNNY (3.5 oz) is the perfect centerpiece for any Easter basket or celebration. This premium bunny is available in Milk and Dark Chocolate. SRP: $3.99.
Easter is not complete without festive eggs, hidden and hunted for, or best of all: enjoyed in the form of Lindt chocolate.
- Bring home the gift of luscious LINDOR Milk Eggs, newly available in a LINDOR Milk Egg Carton for everyone to enjoy. A carton of six irresistibly smooth melting LINDOR Milk Chocolate Eggs (0.99 oz each) is perfect for decorating a place setting, egg hunting and indulging. SRP: $5.39.
- LINDOR Milk Eggs (0.99 oz) also come individually wrapped, for a moment of ultimate smooth melting indulgence. SRP: $0.89.
- LINDOR Egg Pouches (4.4 oz) include irresistibly smooth melting eggs that come in Milk Chocolate, Assorted varieties that include Milk, Dark and White Chocolate, and Coconut. Available exclusively at Target. SRP: $3.99.
Festive Novelty Figures
Nothing helps round out a child's Easter basket like adorable novelty figures from Lindt. Created with the finest Milk Chocolate, Lindt novelty figures come in all shapes and sizes:
- Lindt Little Chick (3.5 oz) is a cute, new Milk Chocolate hollow figure to enjoy this Easter. SRP: $3.99.
- Hollow Milk Chocolate 5-packs of playful, foil-wrapped figures include Lindt GOLD BUNNY Mini, Lindt Little Chick Mini, Lindt Mini Lambs and Lindt Mini Chicks. Also available are Lindt Bugs and Bees (1.7 oz), comprised of Milk Chocolate with hazelnut and have a crisp filling. All mini figures are perfect for Easter baskets or table-top decorations as an adorable final touch. SRP: $3.99 each.
For more information about the Lindt GOLD BUNNY Celebrity Auction, or to bid on a celebrity-signed porcelain figure, visit LindtGOLDBUNNYAuction.com. To learn more about the Lindt and Autism Speaks partnership, Lindt GOLD BUNNY, and the 2016 Lindt Easter collection, visit LindtUSA.com/LindtGOLDBUNNY. Additionally, fans can "like" the company's Facebook page, or follow Lindt on Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. Information about Autism Speaks can be found at www.AutismSpeaks.org, and to contact the organization, please call 212-252-8584 or visit the New York office located at 1 East 33rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY, 10016.
About Lindt & Sprüngli
With more than 170 years of history and Swiss tradition, Lindt & Sprüngli is a global leader in the premium chocolate category, offering high quality products in more than 120 countries. Lindt & Sprüngli operates 12 production facilities in Europe and the United States and employs more than 13,000 worldwide. Lindt USA operates more than 50 retail stores in the U.S. and maintains wide distribution through extensive retail and wholesale channels. For more information on Lindt, visit www.lindt.com.
Autism is a general term used to describe a group of complex developmental brain disorders – autism spectrum disorders – caused by a combination of genes and environmental influences. These disorders are characterized, in varying degrees, by communication difficulties, social and behavioral challenges, and repetitive behaviors. An estimated 1 in 68 children in the U.S. is on the autism spectrum.
About Autism Speaks
Autism Speaks is the world's leading autism science and advocacy organization. It is dedicated to funding research into the causes, prevention, treatments and a cure for autism; increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders; and advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families. Autism Speaks was founded in February 2005 by Suzanne and Bob Wright, the grandparents of a child with autism. Mr. Wright is the former vice chairman of General Electric and chief executive officer of NBC and NBC Universal. Since its inception, Autism Speaks has committed more than $570 million to its mission, the majority in science and medical research. On the global front, Autism Speaks has established partnerships in more than 70 countries on five continents to foster international research, services and awareness. To learn more about Autism Speaks, please visit AutismSpeaks.org.
1 Source: Nielsen ScanTrack Total U.S. XAOC 12 W.E. 04.04.15
2 Offer valid between 3 a.m. EST on March 11, 2016 and 3 a.m. EST on March 12, 2016
SOURCE Lindt USA