Solstice Once Again Named a South Florida Healthiest Employer
PLANTATION, Fla., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- South Florida Business Journal has named Solstice Benefits, Inc. as one of the "Healthiest Employers of 2013." This is the second year in a row the South Florida-based dental, vision and life insurance provider has achieved this honor.
Solstice was awarded at the Healthiest Employers Luncheon. Participants enjoyed a wellness fair and were treated to a signature low-calorie lunch. "At Solstice, we believe the principles of helping improve health and wellness," said Solstice's Human Resources Director, Ellen deClaire. "We focus on wellness from the inside out – offering wellness programs to its employees while offering quality access to care and rich benefits to consumers."
The company shows its commitment to health in many ways:
- Solstice invested 26 percent more into its total corporate wellness program budget for 2012. Employee events such as 5K sponsorships, quarterly wellness meetings and seminars, and monthly health lunch-and-learns were added.
- We've participated in four 5Ks thus far in 2013—Color Run, Down 2 Earth Endurance Run, Corporate Warriors Challenge, and the Davie Police 5K. We've also participated in the American Heart Association's Heart Walk for the past three years—this year, as a sponsor.
- In 2012, our employees lost over 100 pounds in our Biggest Loser Contest.
- Our wellness program helped 4 percent of our employee base quit smoking last year.
- In 2011, 60 percent of employees participated in our health fair and wellness screening programs. We committed to increasing that number though internal communications and by creating wellness programs requested by our employees. In 2012, we met that goal, as 100 percent of employees participated!
"As a benefits provider, we understand the importance of wellness and the power of its results in an organization. Providing quality care begins at home for us," said Carlos Ferrera, chief operating officer at Solstice. "We realized that a one-size-fits-all approach to a wellness program wasn't going to engage our employees. To this end, we are providing wellness programs based directly on employee feedback and surveys. We give our team the tools they need and want to create happier and healthier lives. And, it's working!"
Solstice is a privately held Florida corporation based in Plantation, Fla. Solstice administers and markets dental, vision, pharmaceutical, life and short- and long-term disability benefits plans. Solstice and its affiliates also offer life insurance benefits in Florida, and Third Party Administration (TPA) services in the Florida, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Illinois, California, Maryland and Ohio markets—and are in the process of expanding nationwide. It was named one of "Florida's Best Companies to Work For" in 2011, 2012 and 2013 by Florida Trend and ranked No. 15 in the Insurance Industry on Inc. magazine's 2012 "America's Fastest Growing Companies" list. Recently, the company was awarded accreditation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), indicating dedication to quality and excellence in business practices. For information on Solstice, contact 1.877.760.2247 or visit www.SolsticeBenefits.com.
SOURCE Solstice Benefits, Inc.
More by this Source
Solstice Benefits' Open Access Infographic Highlights Member Satisfaction
Oct 23, 2013, 11:00 ET
Solstice Benefits Honored as a Class of 2013 Florida Companies to Watch Award Recipient
Oct 14, 2013, 14:00 ET
Solstice Benefits Launches Broker-Centric Private Exchange
Nov 06, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.