Sonomed Escalon™ to Introduce New VuMax™ HDB High-Resolution B-Scan System at ASCRS 2013
WAYNE, Pa., April 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Escalon® Medical Corp. (Nasdaq: ESMC) today announced its Sonomed Escalon™ group will be introducing its new VuMax™ HDB B-scan system at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS) in San Francisco, CA April 20-23, 2013. The VuMax™ HDB will become part of the expanded VuMax™ line of high-resolution ophthalmic ultrasound systems, already known for outstanding UBM imaging.
"The VuMax™ HDB adds to Sonomed Escalon's repertoire of ophthalmic ultrasound systems and specifically addresses the needs of retinal and certain other practices for high-resolution B-scan imaging of the posterior segment of the eye," noted Barry Durante, Sonomed Escalon's President. "Based upon clinical feedback received thus far, we believe the B-scan image quality will clearly set this system apart and enable Sonomed Escalon to serve a previously untapped market."
Founded in 1987, Escalon Medical Corp. (www.escalonmed.com) develops markets and distributes ophthalmic diagnostic and surgical products. The Company seeks to further develop and diversify its product offering through internal development programs, strategic partnerships, and acquisition of technology so as to best leverage the Company's distribution capabilities, although such development, partnerships or acquisitions may not occur. The Company has headquarters in Wayne, Pennsylvania and operations in Lake Success, New York, New Berlin, Wisconsin and Stoneham, Massachusetts.
Note: This press release contains statements that are considered forward-looking under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, including statements about the Company's future prospects. These statements are based on the Company's current expectations and are subject to a number of uncertainties and risks, and actual results may differ materially. The uncertainties and risks include whether the Company is able to:
- implement its growth and marketing strategies, improve upon the operations of the Company business units, including the ability to make acquisitions and the integration of any acquisitions it may undertake, if any, of which there can be no assurance,
- grow our remaining ophthalmic business unit,
- implement cost reductions,
- generate cash,
- identify, finance and enter into business relationships and acquisitions.
Other factors include uncertainties and risks related to:
- new product development, commercialization, manufacturing and market acceptance of new products,
- marketing acceptance of existing products in new markets,
- research and development activities, including failure to demonstrate clinical efficacy,
- delays or approvals by regulatory authorities, scientific and technical advances by the Company or third parties,
- introduction of competitive products,
- ability to reduce staffing and other costs and retain benefit of prior reductions,
- third party reimbursement and physician training, and
- general economic conditions.
Further information about these and other relevant risks and uncertainties may be found in the Company's report on Form 10- K for year ended June 30, 2012, and its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, all of which are available from the Securities and Exchange Commission as well as other sources.
SOURCE Escalon Medical Corp.