WESTFORD, Mass., June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Key Takeaways:
- Release 1.2 of the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution enhances the reliability and security of WebRTC applications built on Android and iOS devices by re-establishing lost call connectivity, lengthening battery life and securing end-user authentication.
- Release 1.2 extends user authentication by integrating with existing authentication databases, establishing itself as one of the most secure WebRTC solutions available today.
- New interoperability support for Microsoft Edge Object Real-Time Communications (ORTC) enables developers to streamline WebRTC application development across platforms.
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in secure and intelligent Cloud communications, announced today multiple enhancements to the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution, designed to reduce the challenges Communication Service Providers (CSPs) face when developing WebRTC applications for mobile devices.
With the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution Release 1.2, CSPs can enrich user experience and reliability by seamlessly re-establishing WebRTC calls that lose connectivity in an IP network. Additionally, Release 1.2 enables CSPs to create applications that reduce mobile device resource consumption and preserve battery life. Release 1.2 also extends user authentication by integrating with existing authentication databases, establishing itself as one of the most secure WebRTC solutions in the market. Sonus also introduces ORTC support in Release 1.2 to simplify application development and seamlessly provide interoperability across various WebRTC enabled browsers. Microsoft recently announced support of ORTC, which allows developers to build Skype for Business and other WebRTC compatible services.
Release 1.2 provides customers with a best-in-class WebRTC Software Development Kit (SDK) - an integral component of the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution.
Key WebRTC SDK updates provide:
- Session Rehydration: The WebRTC SDK supports enhanced features on Android and iOS devices for session rehydration that make voice and video calls more reliable. With this feature, if a problem within the IP network arises, such as temporary disconnection or server failure, the WebRTC SDK is able to re-service the call to deliver an overall better quality of experience to the end user.
- Increased Battery Life: Using the Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) and Apple Push Notification Service (APNS) messaging frameworks, the WebRTC SDK alerts users of incoming messages when a mobile device is locked. This enables mobile WebRTC applications to run in a passive mode to conserve processing resources and batteries on mobile devices.
- User Authentication: To increase security and reliability, the WebRTC SDK on Android and iOS devices has been augmented to support a variety of authentication schemes, such as Custom Application AuthTokens, OAuTH2.0 and LDAP. Additionally, it supports scriptable server platforms for developing custom authentication environments. These features enable CPSs to seamlessly utilize existing authentication databases for seamless and secure information transfers.
- ORTC Support: Utilizing native ORTC support, web applications developed using the WebRTC SDK can run on the Microsoft Edge browser. With the WebRTC SDK, application development is simplified by allowing developers to create only one code base since the SDK provides browser interoperability.
"Communication service providers are deploying WebRTC as a solution that complements existing communication and collaboration applications to drive revenue," said Gordon Eddy, Sonus director, Product Management. "As adoption continues to grow, Sonus is focused on providing an industry leading solution that streamlines the development and deployment of secure and reliable WebRTC applications in order to guarantee an optimum customer experience."
- The Sonus WebRTC Service Solution recently received a 2016 WebRTC Product of the Year award from WebRTC World.
- Click here for more information on the Sonus WebRTC Services Solution.
- To review the 2015 WebRTC State-of-the-Market Report from Webtorials, click here.
- Click here for a free e-book of Sonus' WebRTC for Dummies.
Tags/Keywords: Sonus, SONS, Web Real-Time Communications, WebRTC, WebRTC Services Solutions, Microsoft Edges, Session Rehydration, Increased Batter Life, User Authentication, Object Real-Time Communications, ORTC
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Cloud Exchange Networking Platform, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sonus-strengthens-security-and-reliability-for-webrtc-applications-on-android-and-ios-devices-300287994.html
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.