SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Network Entertainment International today announced that Music Unlimited, the company's cloud-based digital music subscription service, is now live on PlayStation®4 (PS4™).
The Music Unlimited service on PS4 features a completely redesigned user interface specifically enhanced for PS4. It is faster, simple to use, and lets gamers create their own soundtracks to their favorite games from the Music Unlimited's service's global library of over 22 million songs1.
The service enables playback of music in the background while gaming, as well as easy discovery of new songs and artists. Users can control music playback on the fly without completely exiting games or other apps by pressing and holding the "PS" button on the DUALSHOCK®4 controller. A pop-up menu offers controls to toggle play or pause, skip tracks, seek to a location within a song, and adjust volume.
"Music Unlimited is seamlessly integrated with PS4 at the system level, delivering quick access to music, fast navigation and powerful discovery," said Michael Aragon, Vice President and General Manager of Global Digital Video and Music Services at Sony Network Entertainment International. "By far the biggest request from our core gamers was in-game music playback, and now they can create playlists tailored to their style of gameplay."
Available in 19 countries around the world, the Music Unlimited service offers on-demand access to an ever-expanding global catalog of over 22 million licensed tracks1 from all major and many leading independent labels across an array of devices including PS4, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Android™ smartphones and tablets, iPhone®, PCs, and many more.
Through the Premium ($9.99)2 and Access ($4.99) 3 monthly subscription plans, the Music Unlimited service allows customers to enjoy a unified digital music experience across multiple devices in the home and on the go. Whether customers enjoy music from their personal playlists, channels based on their favorite artists, or pre-programmed channels based on era or genre, users' favorite music follows them to any destination without the hassle of syncing or signing into multiple accounts.
The Music Unlimited Service Features:
- A cloud-based streaming service with no digital files, so there is no need to sync a device. Customers can access music anywhere, anytime on PlayStation 4 (PS4™), PlayStation 3 (PS3™), PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), any PC (Windows or Mac OS), any Android mobile device including Sony Xperia™ smartphones and tablets, Apple's iPhone and iPod® touch, Sony BRAVIA® HDTVs, and Blu-ray Disc™ devices
- An always-growing global library of over 22 million licensed tracks including all the major U.S. labels and many independent and local labels, so users enjoy the latest hits, local favorites, and timeless classics.
- Easy management and discovery across all compatible devices with hand-selected music channels and the ability to build personal playlists and add playlists based on favorite artists.
- Offline playback, so music is always available even if a network isn't4. With the offline playback feature for iPhone, iPod touch, Android smartphone and tablets, and PS Vita, customers can listen to select songs added to offline playlists when not online, so they're never caught without their favorite music.
- No ads and no unwanted songs. Music lovers will never be interrupted by advertisements and they can skip songs as often as they like.
About the Music Unlimited service
Music Unlimited is a cloud-based digital music service with a global catalog of over 22 million licensed songs including all major US labels, leading independent labels and major publishers worldwide. Originally launched in December 2010, Music Unlimited is available on a wide range of Sony and non-Sony connected devices. With the depth of its music catalog, available across so many devices and regions Music Unlimited is set to be a major player in the digital music subscription space, as users expect more from their the music experience. For more information, please visit: http://sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/music-unlimited.
About Sony Entertainment Network
Sony Entertainment Network is the ultimate destination for digital music, movies, games and more. All through the convenience of a single account, Sony Entertainment Network is a global comprehensive network platform that unifies Sony's digital entertainment experience across a growing ecosystem of Sony and non-Sony devices. Additional information about Sony Entertainment Network can be found by visiting: blog.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com, www.facebook.com/sonyentertainment, and www.twitter.com/sonyentnet.
- Number of tracks available from catalog varies by country and may be less.
- Premium subscription is USD$9.99 (US customers), USD $8.99 (Mexican customers), CAD$9.99, £9.99, €9.99, DKK89.00, NOK 89.00, SEK 89.00, AU$12.99, NZ$13.99, and JPY 980 per month.
- Access subscription is USD$4.99 (US customers), USD $4.49(Mexican customers), CAD$4.99, £4.99, €4.99, DKK 49.00, NOK 49.00, SEK 49.00, AU$7.99, and NZ$8.49 per month (Access subscription tier is not available in Japan).
- Select devices only.
SOURCE Sony Network Entertainment International