CULVER CITY, Calif., July 10, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Pictures Television (SPT), one of the television industry's leading content providers, earned 33 Primetime Emmy® Award nominations this morning. The 66th Primetime Emmy® Awards will air live on Monday, August 25 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on the NBC Network.
Breaking Bad, received 16 Emmy nominations overall for the culminating episodes of the groundbreaking series, including nominations for Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Bryan Cranston, Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Aaron Paul and Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Anna Gunn.
Masters of Sex earned five nominations for its premiere season including nominations for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for Lizzy Caplan, Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series for Beau Bridges and Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for Allison Janney.
The event miniseries Bonnie & Clyde also scored multiple nominations including Outstanding Miniseries.
Sony also received Primetime Emmy® nominations for the hit reality series Shark Tank for Outstanding Structured Reality Program for the third year in a row, and Crackle original series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee starring Jerry Seinfeld earned its second nomination for Outstanding Short-Form Nonfiction Series. The complete list of SPT nominees is as follows:
- Outstanding Drama Series - BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Miniseries – BONNIE & CLYDE
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama - Bryan Cranston/BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama – Lizzy Caplan/MASTERS OF SEX
- Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series - Aaron Paul/BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series - Anna Gunn/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Guest Actor In A Drama Series – Beau Bridges/MASTERS OF SEX
- Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series – Allison Janney/MASTERS OF SEX
- Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series - " Ozymandias" & "Felina"/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Vince Gilligan, "Felina"/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Structured Reality Program - SHARK TANK
- Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming – Ken Fuch, Episode 501 SHARK TANK
- Outstanding Short-Format Nonfiction Programs - COMEDIANS IN CARS GETTING COFFEE
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-Camera Series – Michael Slovis, "Granite State" BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Single Camera Editing for a Drama Series – Kelley Dixon, "Tohajilee," Skip MacDonald "Felina," Kelley Dixon & Chris McCaleb "Granite State"/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series - "Felina"/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Miniseries, Movie or Special – "Night Two"/BONNIE & CLYDE
- Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (one-hour) - "Felina"/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Art Direction for a Contemporary or Fantasy Series - Dave Blass, Production, Oana Bogdan, Shauna Aronson, Set Decorator, "A Murder of Crowes"/JUSTIFIED
- Outstanding Art Direction For A Period Series, Miniseries Or A Movie (Single-Camera) - Andrew Jackness, Kevin Rupnik, Ellen Christiansen, "Pilot"/MASTERS OF SEX
- Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series - Sharon Bialy, Sherry Thomas, Kiira Arai/BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Hairstyling for a Mini-Series of Movie - Audrey Anzures, Catherine Childers/BONNIE & CLYDE
- Outstanding Make-Up for a Single Camera Series (Non-Prosthetic) – Tarra Day, Corey Welk/ BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Make-Up for a Miniseries or Movie (Non-Prosthetic) – Todd McIntosh, David De Leon, Amber Crowe/ANNA NICOLE & Trefor Proud, Kerri Harris/BONNIE & CLYDE
- Outstanding Prosthetic Make-Up for a Series, Miniseries, Movie or Special - Todd McIntosh, David De Leon, Greg Cannom/ANNA NICOLE & Tarra Day, Steve LaPorte, Greg Nicotero, Stephan Dupuis, Howard Leigh Berger, "Felina"/BREAKING BAD
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Miniseries or Movie – THE BLACKLIST
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Comedy Series or Variety Program - COMMUNITY
- Outstanding Main Title Design – MASTERS OF SEX
From acclaimed writer, producer, director Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad is produced by Sony Pictures Television with Mark Johnson (Gran Via) and Michelle MacLaren as executive producers. Breaking Bad, which first premiered on AMC in January 2008, follows the story of a desperate man who turns to a life of crime to secure his family's financial future. The series has garnered ten Emmy Award wins – including the 2013 Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series – two Peabodys, and been named to the American Film Institute's (AFI) list of the "Top 10 Programs of the Year" (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013). Breaking Bad stars three-time Emmy® Award-winner Bryan Cranston; two-time Emmy® winner Aaron Paul; Emmy Award-winner Anna Gunn; Dean Norris; Betsy Brandt; RJ Mitte and Bob Odenkirk.
MASTERS OF SEX
Season one of MASTERS OF SEX received both Golden Globe® and WGA nominations and was honored as one of AFI's Top Ten Television Programs of the Year. Starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan as real-life pioneers of human sexuality, William Masters and Virginia Johnson, the series chronicles their unusual lives, romance and pop culture trajectory. Their research touched off the sexual revolution and took them from a mid-western teaching hospital in St. Louis to the cover of Time magazine. The series is an adaptation of Thomas Maier's book Masters of Sex: The Life and Times of William Masters and Virginia Johnson, The Couple Who Taught America How To Love. Caitlin Fitzgerald, Teddy Sears and Annaleigh Ashford also star. MASTERS OF SEX was developed for television by Michelle Ashford (The Pacific) who also serves as an executive producer. In addition, the series is executive produced by Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman, Judith Verno and Amy Lippman. Michael Dinner, Michael Sheen, Tammy Rosen and Thomas Maier serve as producers. MASTERS OF SEX is produced by Sony Pictures Television.
"Shark Tank," the hit ABC reality show, gives budding entrepreneurs the chance to make the American dream come true and potentially secure business deals that could make them millionaires. The entrepreneurs who dare to enter the Tank must try to convince the Sharks to part with their own hard-earned cash and give them the funding they desperately need to turn their dreams into million dollar realities. But the Sharks have a goal, too: to get a return on their investment and own a piece of the next big business idea. When the Sharks hear an idea worth sinking their teeth into, they're more than ready to declare war and fight each other for a piece of it.
BONNIE & CLYDE
Produced by Sony Pictures Television and from executive producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Steel Magnolias, The Bucket List, Oscar®-winning Chicago), Bonnie & Clyde stars Emile Hirsch and Holliday Grainger in the title roles and follows Barrow, Parker and the notorious Barrow Gang as they sweep through the Central and Southern United States committing small-time robberies and daring bank heists, leaving murdered police officers and civilians in their wake. Bonnie & Clyde was written by John Rice and Joe Batteer (Windtalkers, Blown Away) and directed by two-time Oscar® nominee Bruce Beresford (Tender Mercies, Breaker Morant). Beresford is best known as the director of Driving Miss Daisy.
COMEDIANS IN CARS GETTING COFFEE
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" is currently airing the fourth season with guests including Aziz Ansari, Robert Klein, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jon Stewart, and George Wallace. Since its debut in July 2012, the acclaimed series has delivered more than 55 million streams and garnered rave reviews. Previous episodes of "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" have featured Seinfeld's conversations with a variety of comedy legends including Jason Alexander, Alec Baldwin, Mel Brooks, Louis CK, Larry David, Tina Fey, Ricky Gervais, Wayne Knight, Jay Leno, David Letterman, Seth Meyers, Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman and Howard Stern, among others.
The Emmy® nomination for "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" follows in a line of recent accolades for Crackle including earning Jerry Seinfeld a 65th annual Primetime Emmy® nomination in the Outstanding Special Class – Short-Format Nonfiction Programs category and two 2014 Webby Awards for Best Individual Performance (both the Webby and the People's Voice Award). Additional accolades include a Silver Telly Award in 2014 in Comedy, and two Bronze Telly Awards in 2014 for Branded Content with Acura and Use of Humor; a 2014 Webby Media and Entertainment Honoree and Branded Content Honoree for Interactive Advertising and Media; and a special Webby Award in 2013 for Outstanding Comedic Performance
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (http://www.sonypicturestelevision.com), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. In addition to its US production business, SPT has 18 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 13 countries and also maintains offices in 32 countries. SPT's worldwide television networks portfolio includes 126 channel feeds available in 168 countries, reaching more than 980 million cumulative households worldwide. SPT also creates original content for and manages SPE's premium video website, Crackle. Additionally, SPT owns US production company Embassy Row and is a part owner of cable channel Game Show Network (GSN), 3D channel 3net, and national U.S media sales company ITN Networks, Inc. SPT advertiser sales is one of the premier national advertising sales companies and handles the commercial inventory in SPT's syndicated series as well as the Rural Media Group and DrOz.com.
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television