Sony Unveils Work-In-Progress 20.5-inch OLED Display
New monochrome panel expands full line of display technologies
CHICAGO, Nov. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At RSNA 2012, Sony Electronics is unveiling its latest display innovation for the medical industry: a work-in-progress 20.5-inch OLED display.
This newest technology demonstration follows a string of recent Sony monitor introductions, including a full line of diagnostic medical imaging monitors and the first OLED monitor designed for a variety of surgical procedures. This new technology is a work-in-progress and not available for sale in the U.S.
Medical Systems Division
New 20.5-inch OLED display (work-in-progress)
Radiological Society of North America meeting
Chicago, Nov. 25-29
Sony booth # 9109
- Monochrome organic light emitting diode (OLED) panel
- Expands on the noted advantages of Sony's OLED technology, including superb image reproduction and high resolution
- 20.5-inch 2048 x 2560 (5MP) model (viewable area, measured diagonally)
- High luminance, wide viewing angle, high contrast and deep, rich black reproduction
- Black level of less than 0.001cd/M2 and 500 cd/M2 luminance (preliminary specification)
SONY OLED BACKGROUND:
- Sony was first to bring OLED to the consumer market in 2009 with an 11-inch TV display
- Sony Medical's OLED PVM-2551MD was awarded Excellence in Surgical Products 2012
- Sony's professional OLED technology received a 2012 Technical Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering Development
- Sony has more than 15,000 professional OLED displays in use worldwide
SOURCE Sony Electronics
More by this Source
Sony Demonstrates the Future of Medical Printing at RSNA 2013
Dec 01, 2013, 11:32 ET
Sony Honored With 13 CES Innovations 2014 Design And Engineering Honoree Awards
Nov 12, 2013, 17:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.